Hacking Pasta CFW technical support thread

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys, I want to confirm something rather than trying it for myself: will going to the 3ds sd management games in options delete all the games that are not legit? the same way it does for linked emunand. Sorry if this is a noobish question but I want to know.

Some say it won't, but it will crash the 3DS.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks I guess I'll delete the titles from devmenu then
you can delete them from data managment if you're in pasta mode (and don't have a gateway or emunand or so installed, i hear if you do then it can delete installed stuff)
but if you only ever use pasta then it's safe and will not delete games. (unless you want it to)

if it crashes the 3ds then you're not in pasta mode.

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how I understand it:
Due to the extra power that Smash needs, it essentially reboots the system when the game is starting up. This exits Pasta and boots the game in standard sysNAND where patches aren't in place, so the 3DS is unable to run the unsigned code.

Could the same be the reason that I get a boot loop with Codename Steam?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt work because as it boots it resets the unit, removing any pasta patches. So any non-legit version will not work

Mine happens to be "legit" in the sense that it was my copy purchased from the e-shop that I ripped using FunkyCIA from my old3DS. But I never connected my new3DS to the internet and the console has no idea whether I purchased it or not. In fact, I can only launch it in PastaCFW.

I am not sure what I am doing right. Maybe the system only gets rebooted in the o3DS and not the n3DS?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
if smash brawls needs to reboot... why does it work on emunand of rxtools? it it reboots, rxmode should be unloaded and be rebooted on sysnand.

tried this just now on a legit cia, I can even exit the game and be still on emunand.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
if smash brawls needs to reboot... why does it work on emunand of rxtools? it it reboots, rxmode should be unloaded and be rebooted on sysnand.

tried this just now on a legit cia, I can even exit the game and be still on emunand.
Well since it's legit it doesn't need patches to function

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I booted up Cubic Ninja through Gateway Sysnand and ran Pasta CFW, all it did was make the screen go black for 2 seconds then boot back to the Homebrew Launcher.

Is this what's supposed to happen? I know Gateway+CN doesn't work but it's worth a shot.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
I booted up Cubic Ninja through Gateway Sysnand and ran Pasta CFW, all it did was make the screen go black for 2 seconds then boot back to the Homebrew Launcher.

Is this what's supposed to happen? I know Gateway+CN doesn't work but it's worth a shot.

Gateway copies a patched 9.6 FIRM to memory. This FIRM has some of the exploits that Brahma uses fixed.
But, even if it worked (or you used a version of Gateway which loads a 9.0 FIRM), gateway's FIRMs patch too much, so GBA/DSi games won't work anyway.

Reactions: ShinkoNet

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gateway copies a patched 9.6 FIRM to memory. This FIRM has some of the exploits that Brahma uses fixed.
But, even if it worked (or you used a version of Gateway which loads a 9.0 FIRM), gateway's FIRMs patch too much, so GBA/DSi games won't work anyway.
That also explains why GBA VC Titles crash when installed to emunand/gateway sysnand, thanks for telling me this!

Simplicity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am trying to get Pasta CFW to run on a 7.2.0-17U O3DS. I have installed the appropriate ninjhax, which does boot into the homebrew menu, however, any attempt to run Pasta results in Cubic Ninja crashing, and requesting to reboot. Any ideas as to why this might be, or what I can do to fix it, will be greatly appreciated.

Omenien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am trying to get Pasta CFW to run on a 7.2.0-17U O3DS. I have installed the appropriate ninjhax, which does boot into the homebrew menu, however, any attempt to run Pasta results in Cubic Ninja crashing, and requesting to reboot. Any ideas as to why this might be, or what I can do to fix it, will be greatly appreciated.

You should update to a firmware between 9.0 and 9.2. There are tutorials on how to do so on this forum.

Aurshur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been covered already guys, but I'm interested in running both Pasta and GW, I have a 9.2 N3ds with the mset exploit installed to launch Gateway, I also own a copy of Cubic Ninja, so I'm interested in getting Pasta set up on my sysnand.

Is it possible to run both?, or do both use a file called launcher.dat to run. Apologies if this is a stupid question

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo