Passcard 3 First Look!

litesaber

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
passme2 ($20) is more expensive than the passcard 3 ($18.50).

i'm going to wait a few days until it is confirmed that passcard 3/superkey is compatible with EZ4 lite.

What are your thoughts of the EZ4 lite compared to the M3 mini? I just want to know the advantages of one over the other compatibility wise with games and their functions.

edit: I know EZ4 lite is not out yet, but EZ4 is and they are the same except for the size difference.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Do not buy any EZ product, I myself fell to stupidity and ordered an EZIV a few weeks ago only to discover they have dropped support because of development of the EZIV Lite. So when they make their next gizmo (a passme or something, then the next gen cart or passme) they will drop support for you too.

Anyone who has ever experienced the EZ-Flash site knows what to expect... yep, NOTHING

DO NOT BUY

but after all this is just my opinion. anyway here's a link that made me laugh earlier... http://img310.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ezflush9uj.png created by a disgruntled EZ-3 owner.

edit.. remember thay have a history of not even blinking when dropping support for their older stuff. Older stuff means anything that has been out for over 2 weeks

litesaber

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do not buy any EZ product, I myself fell to stupidity and ordered an EZIV a few weeks ago only to discover they have dropped support because of development of the EZIV Lite. So when they make their next gizmo (a passme or something, then the next gen cart or passme) they will drop support for you too.

Anyone who has ever experienced the EZ-Flash site knows what to expect... yep, NOTHING

DO NOT BUY

but after all this is just my opinion.  anyway here's a link that made me laugh earlier... http://img310.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ezflush9uj.png created by a disgruntled EZ-3 owner.

edit.. remember thay have a history of not even blinking when dropping support for their older stuff. Older stuff means anything that has been out for over 2 weeks
LOL i was just looking at that before i came back here to check if someone replied..
damn...and i just ordered a micro sd card off ebay in anticipation of the ez4 lite..!!
what to do now....will the m3 lite use microsd's? i certainly hope so!

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL i was just looking at that before i came back here to check if someone replied..
damn...and i just ordered a micro sd card off ebay in anticipation of the ez4 lite..!!
what to do now....will the m3 lite use microsd's? i certainly hope so!

If you have an old cart, use that with you're new Lite. It doesn't matter that it sticks out when the only alternative is an EZ product. Wait and you will surely come up trumps.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

DO NOT BUY

but after all this is just my opinion.  anyway here's a link that made me laugh earlier... http://img310.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ezflush9uj.png created by a disgruntled EZ-3 owner.

Don't you think that's a little far-fetched?

The EZ-Flash III is pretty much the reigning king of GBA flashcarts - yet in the beginning, the software was so horrid that the cart didn't even compare. Have faith in the EZ team, it took them a long time to bring hardware to the table, but once the hardware is on the market they spend quite a lot of time and effort perfecting the accompanying software.

If the EZ-Flash III is any indication, there's no reason to toss away an EZ-Flash IV at all - unless you're obsessed with nothing sticking out.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
How come this is the first time I've heard negative stuff of this magnitude about the EZ 3/4? Can someone with some trustworthyness comment on this?

Unfortunately to really appreciate the humour of 'disgruntled ez3 owner' you have to have owned a EZ3 especially or an EZ4 (ok ...ez4 is only a month old but already they have all but dropped support).

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What are you talking about? Sure, I don't own an EZ product. However, as I can see on http://www.ezflash.cn/en/ , the latest EZ3 update is from 09.05.06 while the latest EZ4 update is from 25.05.06. Not bad I'd say. Of course I don't know anything about how good the software is. Apart from one thing: The EZ4 DS compatibility list is pretty darn good.
http://www.meangreenie.justgotowned.com/
rolleyes.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
What are you talking about? Sure, I don't own an EZ product. However, as I can see on http://www.ezflash.cn/en/ , the latest EZ3 update is from 09.05.06 while the latest EZ4 update is from 25.05.06. Not bad I'd say. Of course I don't know anything about how good the software is. Apart from one thing: The EZ4 DS compatibility list is pretty darn good.
rolleyes.gif

Go buy one then pal. I did (a brand new spanky EZ4) and I'm really happy with it (it's excelent) , you want to buy it off me ? apply to http://www.gullibledickcheese.justgotowned.com

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the fact that I know proper support will never be available. I have had @ 1 1/2 years experience with EZ support, and in comparison to SC it sucks big time.

For example, the EZ team have been working on DS roms for around 9-12 months and still have not manged to get 'pokemon dash' (amongst others) working on any of their carts. OK 'pokemon dash' is crap but that's not the point, it's an example of how they are not as good as the SC or M3 teams. I'm convinced that the EZ team will never have the skill to get that rom running.

Lots of the DS games that run on the EZ4, glitch and stutter, where they run super smooth on the SC.

But mostly ... it's the experience of 1 year of waiting for the EZ team to sort out their software with an unbroken sense of dissapointment on evrything they release. This is not a feeling I have with the SC team, they actually fix things, and from what I hear the situation is the same with the m3, they actually fix stuff too.

Why I bought an EZ4 I don't know, but I do know it was a mistake as the last DS game fix was almost a month ago. And now the reports of them being too busy with other projects to advance EZIV software further (it hasn't even got GBA rom compression!! )... same story as always. (always excuses for such along time now)
frown.gif

edit.. there is a whole host of bugs I could mention with the EZ4, most of which i'm sure will never be fixed.

just another quick example (there are many, this is just small example where even more bugs exist right along side )...

... GBA games do not run properly from the DS menu !! (I'm also noticing more and more GBA games don't run/save every day in either menu) /... to run GBA games without 'jerk' you have to boot in GBA mode (hold select.. flashme). In GBA mode the Save file backup takes up to 30 secs to a minute before the menu shows up. will this ever get fixed ? I would put money on it that it never does.

litesaber

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

rickbdman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I"ve posted here before, so I don't really have any 'cred', but I do have to say that I"ve been a faithful EZ customer for a while. The EZ2 I"ve got is great, which is why I got an EZ3. At first, the GBA support was crap, but with updates and plenty of time, it's become the best GBA cart on the market.

Of course, I didn't go out and by the EZ4 as soon as it came to market. The EZ team, as great as they are in the GBA market, haven't really proven themselves in the NDS market, and I certainly wouldn't expect their first outing to match the year or more of experience the M3 and SuperCard folks have under their belts. Will the EZ4 get better with time? Most likely, they will. Will it take a year or so before they have the upper-hand? Again, most likely, if they end up on top at all.

Really, it's kind of like buying the first model of a new type of car. Personally, though I am highly in favor of the EZ brand, I bought a SuperCard for the price and compatiblity. I've already got a great GBA card, and the SuperCard takes care of all my NDS needs.

It's all about managing expectations. If you were one of the folks who bought the SuperCard when they first came out, you'd probably be really pissed off at the horrible (relatively, of course) support for GBA games. But, they turned out to be at the top of NDS support (in the top two or three, as some may argue). That didn't really come out for a couple of years though, and the EZ team, while slow with updates and such, still do support and release software updates for their older stuff. And, I'm sure, though it'll take some time, they will release updates to get their EZ4 hardware as close as they can to the level their EZ2/3 stuff is at.

And that's all I've got to say about that. Bleh.

bockers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
rolleyes.gif

Go buy one then pal. I did (a brand new spanky EZ4) and I'm really happy with it (it's excelent) , you want to buy it off me ? apply to http://www.gullibledickcheese.justgotowned.com

OrR is a gullible dick cheese... hahaha

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Anyway here's part 2 from the disgruntled EZ3 owner ...Â
http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dv...esingles5eq.png

http://www.ezteam.justgotowned.com/Â (click this. it's the link mentioned in the above image)

LOL @ EZ got owned. I must agree don't buy from these lamers. I used to talk to a guy from RS on IRC and he once burnt all his EZ equipment including carts and took pics of it all. This was because he had just recieved the cart and linker in the post and it didn't work right out of the box. He opened it up to show everyone the shitty parts used to make it and the absolutly poor build quality. It looked like it was put together by a monkey, and soldered by his blind brother.

Anyone thinking of purchasing EZ stuff, please don't. I'm sure what I just described hasn't happened to many people, but why buy EZ stuff when M3 Lite is coming. We all know its easily the best supported hardware and most compatible, problem free cart.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
... GBA games do not run properly from the DS menu !! (I'm also noticing more and more GBA games don't run/save every day in either menu) /... to run GBA games without 'jerk' you have to boot in GBA mode (hold select.. flashme). In GBA mode the Save file backup takes up to 30 secs to a minute before the menu shows up. will this ever get fixed ? I would put money on it that it never does.
Wait a second, sure the save file backup takes longer in GBA mode (or on a GBA) but it's never taken half a minute for me - I'd say 15 seconds max. You sure you just don't have a faulty piece of hardware or a miniSD that the cart doesn't like?

As for dropping support - I heard that they were focusing on the EZ4 Lite, but that by no means means that they are dropping support of the EZ4 - we might just not see updates (regular ones anyway) until the EZ4 Lite has been launched. Plus, the EZ4 Lite is supposed to use the same software as the EZ4 - but do you truely believe they'd drop support altogether for either product (or in this case both)? That's ludicrous. It's not like you can exactly complain about the EZ4's NDS support - did they ever claim it would have 100% compatibility?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally