Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello 'Tempers.

I finally have my own PC. I started Xubuntu from a flash drive, installed it to my Hard Drive and deleted Windows XP.
But after a short while I found out that my PC doesn't meet the requirements for Xubuntu. So now I want to format my PC (yet again) and use Linux Slax as my main OS.
To do so, I picked up my Slax Live CD, put it in the PC and booted the PC with it. I finally heard the log-on music (in contradiction to what I said in one of my first topics) and tried to access my Hard Drive at /dev/hda1. But instead of receiving my (precious) files I received an error:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1.
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmseg | tail or so[/p]

So I tried what it said (use the command 'dmesg') and then I received a relative huge message. My attention fell on this sentence (it was there 4 times):
EXT3-fs: hda1: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (240).[/p]

I searched Google to find out more, and it suggested me to change the fs from EXT3 to EXT4. I just couldn't manage to do that, until my friend asked me which version I was using (Linux Slax 6.1.2) and he told me that Slax doesn't support EXT4.
After that I tried formatting the whole drive with the 'fdisk' function. So I tried 'fdisk /dev/hda1' and I received my wished menu. But there didn't seem to be any partitions. It's completely empty. I have a Hard Drive without any partitions, but with files on it.

What could I do to format my computer and use Slax as my OS after that. (And I know I can just drag and drop the files into the HDD).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-