• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Pandemic Amnesty? No, people will not forgive and forget what was done to them.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We could, we did. Worldwide cooperation and the fact it's a branch of an already familiar branch of virii (corona is the brand, covid 19 just the most potent member of the family). This isn't a secret either, so why mention this piece of information?
In order to expedite the testing, they were able to do many tests in parallel instead of sequentially, which saved a LOT of time.

Reactions: Jayro and Cortador

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I got vaccinated immediately and never batted an eye at anyone who didn't want it. I thought it was pretty shitty to put people down who didn't want it, unless they're going all mass conspiracy and shit, then absolutely. But probably about 95% of the people I had conversations with were mainly along the lines of "it's so new and I don't know what it might do to me" and I think that's fine. I'm absolutely down with being a lab rat though. Both of my parents got it right after my first shot in December of 2020 and I was there caring for them unmasked the entire time as an experiment to myself and didn't get it, so I mean that was proof enough for me that it worked. (They recovered just fine as well.)

Do I think we should forgive the unvaxxed? Sure. Emotions were extremely high at the beginning and I'll even admit that I lost a few friends and got into many arguments about staying socially distant to stop the spread, but over time I look back and realize how high emotions were and I get it. I've recently made amends with two of the people who I got into arguments with over it back in early 2020.

Should we forgive the conspiracy ridden antivaxxers? Hell nahh. They're fucking awful. They don't deserve any apology.

Reactions: Jayro

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not forgiving people who were willingly a potential danger for people around them.

My parents are old and inmunodepressed, had they catch it before thei got vaccinated they would be toast already. These... Absolute idiots, scum of the earth, egoists... Have made it harder for everyone.

And to add insult to injury, they also harassed the people around them, they acted like pro-life (more like anti-choice, but let's use the official buzzword here) yellers, but adding sheer violence to the mix.

I still wear my mask, it's a great help in the flu season, and yesterday morning i had to fend off a couple of these walking jokes.

Fuck antivaxxers, fuck antimaskers, and honestly OP, if you have any sympathy for them, fuck you too.

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
One person not being vaccinated increases the risk of spreading the virus to those around them.
Every scientific paper disagrees with you. Vaccines does NOT reduce any viral load in your body, you're just as infectious with or without one. Natural inmunity is the only known way to drop down your viral load.

Please refrain yourself from saying anything that isn't backed up by any scientific study, this is why anti-vaxxers are constantly on your toes, cause you spread as much misinformation and unchecked "facts" as they do.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Every scientific paper disagrees with you. Vaccines does NOT reduce any viral load in your body, you're just as infectious with or without one. Natural inmunity is the only known way to drop down your viral load.

Please refrain yourself from saying anything that isn't backed up by any scientific study, this is why anti-vaxxers are constantly on your toes, cause you spread as much misinformation and unchecked "facts" as they do.
Oh man

You're right

You even had receipts

An idiot that speaks about the deaths of Cuba WITHOUT taking in account USA's role in the matter doesn't have the right to speak as if they're spitting facts, moreso when they're not even providing receipts.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not forgiving people who were willingly a potential danger for people around them.

My parents are old and inmunodepressed, had they catch it before thei got vaccinated they would be toast already. These... Absolute idiots, scum of the earth, egoists... Have made it harder for everyone.

And to add insult to injury, they also harassed the people around them, they acted like pro-life (more like anti-choice, but let's use the official buzzword here) yellers, but adding sheer violence to the mix.

I still wear my mask, it's a great help in the flu season, and yesterday morning i had to fend off a couple of these walking jokes.

Fuck antivaxxers, fuck antimaskers, and honestly OP, if you have any sympathy for them, fuck you too.

Sorry but this is such a bullshit comment

since when is anyone obligated to protect others of getting sick ? most people even go to work while beeing ill and it was allways "normal" and now people like you think they are morally better then anyone else because they get new kind of vaccinations that were hardly tested at al and did have side effects that even resulted into death for (luckily) a very small number of people.

Of course it sucks if you or your family and friends have some illness causing bad immune system or whatever but even before corona people like that were always in danger and had to wear masks or worst case stay in clean rooms so yeah that doesn't change with or withouth Corona.

and even if a vaccination redces the ammount of visues slightly you might have noticed that now as most people are vaccinated almost everyone in the hospitals that has Corona is vacinated and probably got it from vacinated people ?

I have almost all vaccinations that are recommended for me but I didn't get the Corona Vaccination and compared to many friends who are vacinated I might have been lucky but unlike them for me the infection took about 3 days and I was fine afterwards while all of them had 2-4 weeks problems including long covid ! and ~1-2 weeks of trouble after each time they got their vaccination shot

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
You're calling my comment bullshit while vomiting shit like this

since when is anyone obligated to protect others of getting sick ? most people even go to work while beeing ill and it was allways "normal" and now people like you think they are morally better then anyone else because they get new kind of vaccinations that were hardly tested at al and did have side effects that even resulted into death for (luckily) a very small number of people.
It's called social responsability, and it happens when there's a deadly illness roaming around. That's why quarantine exists, it's a protocol that has been applied since doctors used to wear bird masks.

If people doesn't make sure to protect the others, the illness spread further and more people die, that's what happened with the black death and the flu before a vaccine was found.

Of course it sucks if you or your family and friends have some illness causing bad immune system or whatever but even before corona people like that were always in danger and had to wear masks or worst case stay in clean rooms so yeah that doesn't change with or withouth Corona.
Before Corona there were barely any mortal illnesses around because we made sure to get rid of them, and have certain protocols so ingrained in our society (like blocking our mouth when we cough or sneeze) that we limit the spread of the ones that are still around to the minimum

and even if a vaccination redces the ammount of visues slightly you might have noticed that now as most people are vaccinated almost everyone in the hospitals that has Corona is vacinated and probably got it from vacinated people ?
Jesus fuck

First, a vaccinated person can and will be infected by the virus, but the risk of spreading it will be greatly reduced precisely because the vaccine will accelerate the healing proccess, that's what has happened with the Flu, and what's being worked torwards with Covid.

Second, a vaccinated person wont spread the virus if they didn't catch it themselves. Vaccine puts an inactive virus in your body to train the antibodies agaisnt the real deal.

Third, a vaccinated person can catch a variant of the virus and fall ill because of it. That's why there has been so many reinforcements, because Covid has been mutating at a very fast rate. That's also why you have to take the flu shot yearly, because the flu virus mutates.

I have almost all vaccinations that are recommended for me but I didn't get the Corona Vaccination and compared to many friends who are vacinated I might have been lucky but unlike them for me the infection took about 3 days and I was fine afterwards while all of them had 2-4 weeks problems including long covid ! and ~1-2 weeks of trouble after each time they got their vaccination shot
Every body is different, vaccine works differently on each person, some will be able to go through their life without issues, some will feel the aftereffects for a few days, some for a week or two. Welcome to the human body, dude.

Hmm, yeah. So long as people who chose not to get the vaccine keep calling themselves 'purebloods' I think I'll reserve judgement.
Using nazi-style wording really don't help their case. But given that the antivaxx movement was created by borderline closet neonazis, i'm not surprised at all.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At some point maybe you should go "hrmm, maybe this vaccine doesn't do anything" but nah just keep doing what your Government tells you to do keep getting more and more clot shots (because more are coming) and think they have your best interest at heart. You should get on your knees and pray to your Government for protection and it'll really help you in the future.

You can't make a vaccine in the time period covid hit and the time it came out, in fact it was reviewed already December 2019 before covid was even a big deal anywhere but China. There's supposed to be 3-5 years of clinical trials for any vaccine. Covid and the vaccine are a scam I hope one day the world wakes up to that.
Meanwhile so many took dewormers instead.

Trophies
XP
Once again let me disclaim, I am NOT claiming that I'm correct, as I genuinely haven't touched up on this topic in a while. This is genuine confusion and the asking of a question.

Pardon my confusion on the vaccine. But wasn't the technical process of the (majority) of Covid vaccines to introduce an mRNA sequence that would allow your cells to create a Spike Protein similar to that of Covid's to allow the body further information to fight the disease if / when you get it? (this process would prevent severe symptoms or hospitalization, not the prevention of infection)

I see a lot of people saying that they're just introducing a dead (or nearly dead) sample of Covid into your body (which is how most vaccines work, but I digress) if I recall the Covid vaccine was done differently, so that the actual virus never enters your body upon vaccination.

This method of vaccination was used for several other projects such as an experimental Flu Vaccine and the very similar family of viruses under SARS.

Not saying it's the right way to go, but this is a genuine question. Why do we refer to the Covid vaccine as another vaccine which introduces real samples of the virus into your immune system, when what it actually does is instruct your cells to create a similar spike protein that Covid contains. This allows (or supposedly allows) your body to recognize and fight the virus without having it introduced into your body beforehand.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Covid and the vaccine are a scam I hope one day the world wakes up to that.
You're right, it was all part of a grand conspiracy and I've had it figured out from day one:

Step 1: Pay millions of actors to pretend to die. Start in China, because they love to help the West carry out shadowy operations against the globe, and they don't mind taking the blame and racist abuse for an embarrassing cover story.
Step 2: Make everyone stay indoors so that the economy gets nice and damaged.
Step 3: Introduce a vaccine that the average citizen is not forced to receive and leaves the vast majority of people with no adverse side effects.
Step 4: Let people go back outside and resume their lives.

And now we sit back and wait.
1667592853039.png

Last edited by Maximumbeans,

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Once again let me disclaim, I am NOT claiming that I'm correct, as I genuinely haven't touched up on this topic in a while. This is genuine confusion and the asking of a question.

Pardon my confusion on the vaccine. But wasn't the technical process of the (majority) of Covid vaccines to introduce an mRNA sequence that would allow your cells to create a Spike Protein similar to that of Covid's to allow the body further information to fight the disease if / when you get it? (this process would prevent severe symptoms or hospitalization, not the prevention of infection)

I see a lot of people saying that they're just introducing a dead (or nearly dead) sample of Covid into your body (which is how most vaccines work, but I digress) if I recall the Covid vaccine was done differently, so that the actual virus never enters your body upon vaccination.

This method of vaccination was used for several other projects such as an experimental Flu Vaccine and the very similar family of viruses under SARS.

Not saying it's the right way to go, but this is a genuine question. Why do we refer to the Covid vaccine as another vaccine which introduces real samples of the virus into your immune system, when what it actually does is instruct your cells to create a similar spike protein that Covid contains. This allows (or supposedly allows) your body to recognize and fight the virus without having it introduced into your body beforehand.

well there are different vaccinations but for the major ones you are right

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. I'm gonna keep on mocking every grown "man" who's afraid of a little poke in the shoulder for the sake of preventative care. Following the trend, I'm surprised y'all can even handle brushing your teeth regularly, though I'm sure plenty of you don't do that either.

Being flat-out stupid does not make you a rebel.

do you have a source on the preventative element of it? as far as i know people are still getting covid.
Post automatically merged:

well there are different vaccinations but for the major ones you are right

well thats the difference, some are actually vaccinations, and some abuse emergency powers

Hmm, yeah. So long as people who chose not to get the vaccine keep calling themselves 'purebloods' I think I'll reserve judgement.

someone sounds a bit, salty.

Meanwhile so many took dewormers instead.

ahh an anti science racist, the cdc confirms ivermectin is a preventative, try to avoid using conspiracies in the future, thanks.

Trophies
XP
do you have a source on the preventative element of it? as far as i know people are still getting covid.

That's because technically it isn't preventative of infection. Like most vaccines the purpose is to reduce hospitalization, or severe symptoms. Not to knock out infection rates.

However that being said, if someone is able to recover faster, that itself can technically be a preventative element as you have less time to spread it around. But that's stretching it at best.

Also, you know, it's a virus. Look at the Flu for an example, the Flu vaccine isn't infallible either since there's multiple strains. The vaccine may help, but it's not like you're suddenly immune to the flu - it just helps a bit if you happen to get infected.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know a lot of you here are in favor of the Covid Vaccine and that's fine, but don't try to push it on to others. Let each and everyone make their own decision respectfully.​
I haven't even watched the video, so I have no opinion on that, but I completely agree with this statement.

I chose to trust the vaccine. I'm fine with that. But I'm not fine with the posing, virtue signaling, harassing and persecution of others. One thing is to try to convince somebody, a different thing is trying to force somebody. And one thing that just the putrid society we live in could do is to actively cast people away and diminish them in a time of need. Humanity.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I chose not to trust it and I'm fine with my choice, I'm also fine with people choosing to take the vax. I'm not ramming my opinions why I chose not to down peoples throats. Just want people to respect my choice as I respect theirs. Everyone has their right to choose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...