PAL NES games running on NSTC hardware?

jwitz

Trophies
XP
Country
How weird, I've literally just tried this.

I'm UK based, and using an American toploader, with an AV mod. I tried several PAL titles on it, and they all fit, and worked albeit with faster music. (higher pitch too)

If it's a normal NES, I'm not so sure. But it would have the same outcome if they fit. (faster music)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How weird, I've literally just tried this.

I'm UK based, and using an American toploader, with an AV mod. I tried several PAL titles on it, and they all fit, and worked albeit with faster music. (higher pitch too)

If it's a normal NES, I'm not so sure. But it would have the same outcome if they fit. (faster music)
Top loader NES consoles don't have the 10NES lockout chips installed, so they should work out of the box. On a front loader, you'll have to cut a pin out of the chip to make it work region free.

FlyingFire64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so they work on Top Loaders, but not Front Loaders. I'll keep that in mind if I ever want to play PAL NES games on NTSC hardware. But one more question: Does this apply for certain emulators like PocketNES for example?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?