• Views 40,876
  • Replies 161

Phonebone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I read on another forum, that someone was having trouble accessing his Wii system menu after performing the 'power off during update' trick. It gave him a white screen and an error message.

Anyone here experiencing the same problem? I'd like to know before attempting it.
I'm planning on buying the PAL version anyway, but I just can't stand having this game available and not being able to play it.
But I don't want to risk ruining my Wii for it...

you could still just install the update without unplugging and move the duplicate channels to the last page...I bet there'll be loads more US games coming which will attempt to install the News and Weather channel

You can bet on that, and once you have the 2 duplicate channels, yuou don't have to worry for futhur games who try the same
tongue.gif
it will stay just by those 2
biggrin.gif
(No you will not get 3 time or 4times those channels
tongue.gif
)
Ehm... unless they release different channels with EU firmware/system updates before the next big NTSC game hits.
like the Mii popularity channel or a Demo channel. I wouldn't want all of those duplicated.
It'd be confusing and ugly (not to mention space consuming). I'd rather sit it out and wait for the PAL version instead.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

PAL Wii updated to 2.2E with WiFi Connection
Duplicate channels appeared with the game "Pokemon Battle Revolution"
The Nintendo Wii crashed a few day after ("The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii manual ...")

Never tried Metroid Prime 3.0E update.
Dude, the exact same thing happened to me. EXACT.
frown.gif

Im thinking about wether to try metroid.
wacko.gif
(I got a new wii. & installed wiifree instead of my old wiikey this time.)

Skyzoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I tried this last nite, wiikey and pal

-I did the update (not done it yet)
-I ran the update in the iso
-I didnt get any new channels
-everything works fine

So, you are lucky ... everybody have duplicate channels with this classic method ...
Maybe people which have already (or not) this two channels haven't any problem ...
unsure.gif

BossC

Trophies
XP
Country
just a thought...did anyone actually try to boot the disc that was not patched with the WiiBrickBlocker after installing the update?

I have...

I used a RegionFrii' d disc to install the update (after I'd updated via WiiConnect) and was playing that disc but when I started having probs getting out the sickbay like gazab and read about changing my telly settings BUT before that I attempted to play the problem room with each version of the game I have (Brickblocker version - done before I heard it wouldn't work), unmodded version (which scared the sh*t out of me by freezing a third of the way through the update - I turned it off in the end and got just a spare weather channel) and the RegionFrii' d disc which gave me the extra News channel too.

All three copies work with no issues!
yaynds.gif

C.

bossc@...

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

The Nintendo Wii crashed a few day after ("The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii manual ...")

frown.gif

wacko.gif

That would be a reason why I'm a little scared of just letting MP3 update fully. I mean, one of my friends did that and his system is working 100% now. Although I don't know if anything would happen all of a sudden in a few days. Ofcourse he had downloaded 3.0E before running mp3.

thovader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is anyone else noticing any issues INGAME?

I'm seeing some weird graphics bugs. Like the selection in menus is not where the pointer is and when I press minus some annoying shape and sound shows up and won't go away until I morph into a ball. And now most recently I can't seem to get out of the room where you wake up one month after firing that big cannon. I complete the PED test and I just can't shoot anymore. And since I can't shoot I can't open the door to get out and I have to reset my console. Tried 3 times now.

I have a PAL machine with 3.0E and modded with WiiFree 2.45.

Am I just stupid/paranoid/unlucky or is this a PAL issue? Sorry if I posted this in the wrong topic.

--
gazab

I experience the exact same problems with my Wii :'(

- european Wii console (PAL)
- Wiikey
- firmware: 3.0E
- Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption (NTSC-U)
- did the disc update from MP3 and have now duplicated channels (which I totally don't mind)

- the pointer is totally off whenever I'm in Samus' menu, but absolutely acurate in normal play
- whenever I start the game for the first time, the HUD is normal. But as soon as I activate any scanner, it makes those annoying beep sounds as well as this flicker stuff which is getting totally on my nerves and makes it hard to properly aim
mad.gif

- for your room problem I got a solution though: when the doctor instructs you to try your new phazon weapon, shoot down all those dummies immediately (while still in the seat) and then confirm the text flow with the A-button! Once the discussion is over you can shoot as well as look around freely (which isn't possible if you do it any other way). Hope that helps you, it helped me anyway

Does anybody else encountered these graphical bugs with a PAL Wii and MP3 (NTSC-U)?
If so, could you fix them somehow?

Thanks already for your help!

gazab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anybody else encountered these graphical bugs with a PAL Wii and MP3 (NTSC-U)?
If so, could you fix them somehow?

I did as furikuri suggested (earlier in this thread) and changed from PAL 50Hz to PAL 60Hz and it got rid of all those bugs! You can change it under "Screen" in the Wii settings if I remember correctly.

And I managed to get out of that room by doing the opposite of what you did
smile.gif

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Hello,

frown.gif

wacko.gif
So, Pokemon Battle Revolution may crash a Wii ... hum
cry.gif

No more USA / JAP game for me
laugh.gif

gdavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is a common update in future (whatever gives the channel anomoly), I am sure there will be a work-around, or even an updated version of brickblocker might do it. No worry there.

What I'd be concerned about is any *future* update detecting these channels, and maybe blocking your console or something similar. Maybe that is the plan? Easy way for N to block consoles in the future, just check for 2 extra channels!

Or likewise, maybe whatever 'unlisted' update has been applied may be incompatible with a proper update from PAL region later on (3.1 or the like), and truly screw things.

Seems risky right now with this new direction..

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
A little off-topic quickly but what discs do you guys purchase to burn down the MP3 iso on? (cant figure if i should buy 4.7GB single layer or 8.2GB dual layer?)

sanchoquo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just used single layer, but I guess I already had duplicate channels, maybe you could burn one mp3 image to one side and the brickblocked one to the other?

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Im not sure if its because of the update but anyway:

I used the plug-out solution and everything worked fine, the game was working and all that, then I tried a Multi GC disc with all the Donkey Konga games, it froze when I chose PAL as the region/Screen thing and when I turn on my wii again..I have no colors...If I turn it to 60hz I get a little bit of color but its still pretty black and white... Ive tried unplugging it, Ive tried 2 different Tvs...

Please help!

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
'gulp' Im still waiting for my copy to D/L and was gonna try the plug out method...guess ill just live with the 2 channels method cos it seems safer...? Hope some1 can help the poor guy above....

Hadirajan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im not sure if its because of the update but anyway:

I used the plug-out solution and everything worked fine, the game was working and all that, then I tried a Multi GC disc with all the Donkey Konga games, it froze when I chose PAL as the region/Screen thing and when I turn on my wii again..I have no colors...If I turn it to 60hz I get a little bit of color but its still pretty black and white... Ive tried unplugging it, Ive tried 2 different Tvs...

Please help!

So after running a GCOS multi disc you're wii is only displaying black and white?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land