Hacking Pal games on an NTSC machine

Sukodin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an NTSC 3.2u machine, with CISCORP installed and also running the newest starfall with all hacks enabled. All games play fine except the PAL games. I cannot even get them to load through the backup channel. (Gamma)... Depending on the settings, I can either get it to load in black and white, or in color flickering (rolling on the screen) or in black and white (rolling) Any ideas what I need to do to get it to play Wii PAL games properly?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now you can't force a video mode from the disc channel. if you want pal games to load there in color you have to patch the video mode and region on the iso to ntsc before burning. Otherwise you can use RGB cables to have them show in color via disc channel with rebooter. The patching also goes for PAL games which don't work with forced video via gamma

Sukodin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The TV might be the issue, because I used WiiFrii to patch the iso before I burned..

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been using BrickBlocker and RegionFrii on my ISOs before burning. I thought maybe RegionFrii might also do a PAL to NTSC-U patch, but I'm doubtful now. I *would* like to patch discs to be native NTSC-U rather than rely on the loader to force NTSC/vidpatch to make it easier and save a few steps (idiotproof). Is patching the vidmode frowned upon because it might cause problems with loaders down the road? From what I've read, using WiiFrii truchasigns the dol or iso, which Nin looks (or might look) for.

Running 3.2U, mostly using the backup channel at this point.

Sukodin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I dont think it is my TV, since I distinctly remember playing Pal games from my modded Xbox back in the day.. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Or what I might try?

Posts merged

digitydogs said:
Right now you can't force a video mode from the disc channel. if you want pal games to load there in color you have to patch the video mode and region on the iso to ntsc before burning. Otherwise you can use RGB cables to have them show in color via disc channel with rebooter. The patching also goes for PAL games which don't work with forced video via gamma

I used WiiFrii to patch the ISO and everything seemd to work fine, maybe I dont have the newest version? It is wiifrii 2.3b I think... Ill check when I get home.. Or is there a better patcher program out there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol