Homebrew RELEASE ovl-sysmodules - A Tesla Overlay to toggle Sysmodules

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sys-ftpd-light and sys-con both are activated on startup while others are not(sys-clk) . Since I really don’t use sysmodules often enough it would be nice for those to be off by default. Is there a way to change this behavior for those two sysmodules?

Last edited by kylum,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sys-ftpd-light and sys-con both are activated on startup while others are not(sys-clk) . Since I really don’t use sysmodules often enough it would be nice for those to be off by default. Is there a way to change this behavior for those two sysmodules?
Why would you even care? They are literally background system services that don't drain almost any battery. You can just delete them if you don't use them i guess, otherwise just leave them on.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you even care? They are literally background system services that don't drain almost any battery. You can just delete them if you don't use them i guess, otherwise just leave them on.
I never said I don’t use them. Why would I even take the time to setup the overlay for them if I didn’t use them? Since these are services that can be toggled on/off on the fly without a reboot. It makes sense to me that they would be set to off by default. It’s just my personal preference if it is deed an option, if not than that’s ok too.

Reactions: crazy_p

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I believe he said that you would need to ask the devs to update their modules to appear in Kosmos Toolbox, because the overlay is basically the same than Kosmos Toolbox

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Only the modules that do not require reboot will appear in the overlay. You don't need to wait for anyone, you can create related toolbox.json yourself. The only thing that you need to figure out is whether it requires reboot or not. If it does, it won't toggle with the overlay.

Last edited by octopus,

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They appear just fine in the overlay and I can turn them off and on at will. My question is how to make the sysmodules that don’t require a reboot to be toggled off during startup/boot. In other word, turning them on when needed not just constantly running in the background. Example: sys-ftp is on and running on boot/startup. I then turn it off, when I perform reboot sys-ftp is on again. This isn’t a big deal it’s just that I might only use ftp once a month so why have it on by default.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
They appear just fine in the overlay and I can turn them off and on at will. My question is how to make the sysmodules that don’t require a reboot to be toggled off during startup/boot. In other word, turning them on when needed not just constantly running in the background. Example: sys-ftp is on and running on boot/startup. I then turn it off, when I perform reboot sys-ftp is on again. This isn’t a big deal it’s just that I might only use ftp once a month so why have it on by default.
It's because this overlay launches / terminates processes. The boot2.flag is kept intact. Either turn them off with Kosmos Toolbox or manually delete corresponding boot2.flags.

D

Deleted User

Yeah this is definitely something kudos. I am scared to use this atm but am definitely monitoring your progress.

Reactions: WerWolv

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because this overlay launches / terminates processes. The boot2.flag is kept intact. Either turn them off with Kosmos Toolbox or manually delete corresponding boot2.flags.
Deleted the boot2.flags to the ones I wanted to be off on startup and it’s working great.

Thank you!

Thank you @WerWolv for this and everything else that goes with it!

caUnknown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
'emuiibo was not accessed' showing in tesla overlay. It appears under 'static' in sysmodules but cannot be changed from the 'off' position. can anyone help me figure this out? thanks

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've installed and reinstalled this several times now, following everything to a tee.

When I press A on sysmodules the Tesla menu disappear. I'm on HOS 15.0.1 and atmosphere 1.4.1.

I've got Edizon and Fizeau installed alongside OC suite and status Monitor. All these works great, but not sysmodules.

What am I missing?

Edit:

After reinstalling again from a fresh setup, it takes 5-10 mins for the menu to show after selecting sysmodules in tesla.

Last edited by Flaya,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: