Gaming Overall Best Tony Hawk game on the DS?

Which Tony Hawk game is the best?

• Tony Hawk's American Sk8land

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

• Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other NDS Game not listed here (please state)

• Total voters

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've played about 98% of all the Top rated DS games and now I'm looking into new franchises. I need help from fans for choosing which game would be more worthy of playing. Also give me your opinions on each game. Thanks, and please don't flame me or anyone else in the thread.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People say Downhill Jam is the best of the NDS games, and I'd have to agree. It certainly takes a very different approach that differs from traditional free-roaming skating, but the result is a blast.

Snch3j1b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for traditional THPS gameplay, then you'll probably want to head for Proving Ground. However, I also find Downhill Jam's on-rails style to be a refreshing change of pace.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Just play all 3. They are very short, easy games, but have a good amount of replay value. I gotta say Proving Ground is weaker than the other 2 though.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really expecting so much from any of the games because I've only played one Tony Hawk game. The little 2D sprite game from Game Boy era.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
9-Voltage said:
I'm not really expecting so much from any of the games because I've only played one Tony Hawk game. The little 2D sprite game from Game Boy era.
Those 3 games were nothing like the series at all.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, but if you like, in American Sk8land you can switch to GBA view..So it'll feel more GBA-ish!
All three are good games..
If you're using a flashcart to play them get all, but Downhill Jam will probably give you a hard time with freezing and slowdowns..
(it's one of those few games that really don't play well on flash carts)..

I'd say that the best one is American Sk8land just because of the graphics..They look really good on NDS!

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Downhill Jam was really hard. In the tutorials they made me go way too fast and I switched to Proving Ground. I'll try American Sk8Land also.

P

pasc

9-Voltage said:
Downhill Jam was really hard. In the tutorials they made me go way too fast and I switched to Proving Ground. I'll try American Sk8Land also.
For me it was the other way around, Downhill Jam was very managable and had FUN Challanges, while Proving Ground is the biggest sh*t I have seen...

Overall I enjoy Skateland for fun and Downhill Jam for the Speed.

Vextroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say i prefer Sk8land over Proving Ground (haven't played Downhill Jam). You haven't played any other TH other then the GBC version?! Get your self an old PSX/N64/Dreamcast and a copy of Tony Hawks Proskater/Tony Hawks Skateboarding (in Europe) nao!!!!!!! Best TH EVAR!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: