ROM Hack RELEASE Outer Worlds Graphics and FPS Mods

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone provide a step by step guide on how to install these files. My Switch is hacked and primed but i have no idea where to drop the files. Also how do i overclck my switch?
To install all you do is download one of the files on the first page of this thread, and some also throughout, but pick one and unpack it to your PC or phone whatever. Then just just drop the "0100626011656000" folder into atmosphere/contents folder on your switch sd card.

Then to overclock, I use Sys-clk:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-clk-under-overclocking-sysmodule.531372/

Edit:
If sx os, the location would be SX OS/Titles folder. Make sure you keep the Indiana folder how it is and all
^^ this

Last edited by Benja81,

g23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To install all you do is download one of the files on the first page of this thread, and some also throughout, but pick one and unpack it to your PC or phone whatever. Then just just drop the "0100626011656000" folder into atmosphere/contents folder on your switch sd card.

Then to overclock, I use Sys-clk:
Edit:

^^ this

hi thanks for the help i kinda figured it out! I just want to play on the max possible clock settings safely while docked. What inputs should i have to pus in Sys-clk for that?

Reactions: Benja81

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi thanks for the help i kinda figured it out! I just want to play on the max possible clock settings safely while docked. What inputs should i have to pus in Sys-clk for that?
I recommend this if you want just about max clocks. The CPU&GPU have one more level if you want, but probably not necessary, especially to be safer.
upload_2020-6-10_22-42-8.png

Last edited by Benja81,
Reactions: bonoboy

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long may I play with this settings?
Should be ok for extended periods, but If the fan starts to bother you as it does for me sometimes, try turning cpu and gpu down a notch or two until you feel comfortable..

I would test the lowest settings that work for the graphics/framerate you want, to be safe. No need to pump the clocks and fan too hard if not needed. Overclocking always has some risk, so be careful and use your judgement.

Edit: If you mean battery, I actually play plugged in most of the time. I wouldn't expect more than a couple hrs of battery though if unplugged, and the CPU/GPU will drop of course.

Last edited by Benja81,
Reactions: bonoboy

VampireOniX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be ok for extended periods, but If the fan starts to bother you as it does for me sometimes, try turning cpu and gpu down a notch or two until you feel comfortable..

I would test the lowest settings that work for the graphics/framerate you want, to be safe. No need to pump the clocks and fan too hard if not needed. Overclocking always has some risk, so be careful and use your judgement.
How long may I play with this settings?
One thing I can suggest if you can and/or know how to do it is to redo the thermal paste on all the chips with better stuff. Does make a difference.

Reactions: bonoboy and Benja81

dem1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the game is really nice with those mods, thank you !
i use the 1.2 mod without OC and it runs well.
which one is better for good graphics and nice textures ?
HIGH RESOLUTION MOD or Sharpness 1 ?

Clausioporosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol =D Its not correct.
Use this for unpack/pack https://github.com/panzi/u4pak

So I managed to extract the game files from the nsp and also got u4pak running (I think).
Problem is, when I want to extract the pak files (for example pakchunk0-Switch.pak) I get an illegal file magic error, and when I use --ignore-magic I get an archive version 0 error, which I cannot fix with --force-version=1... What am I doing wrong?

Edit:
Got it working with masagrator's turorial, there just a lot of errors while extracting (unable to find module)

Last edited by Clausioporosis,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I managed to extract the game files from the nsp and also got u4pak running (I think).
Problem is, when I want to extract the pak files (for example pakchunk0-Switch.pak) I get an illegal file magic error, and when I use --ignore-magic I get an archive version 0 error, which I cannot fix with --force-version=1... What am I doing wrong?

Edit:
Got it working with masagrator's turorial, there just a lot of errors while extracting (unable to find module)
It's like with hactool - if it's unpacking correctly, you can Ignore errors.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sadly only a fraction was extracted and most of the files have 0 kb size... I'll try it later again. Just to be sure, is this a v8 pak?
You have script that can check that.

It looks like my package lacks support for lz4 (it was never used before for Switch release). And I can't check rn if support for it is added externally.

Use quickbms to unpack pak from Outer Worlds.

Reactions: Clausioporosis

Stepik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You have script that can check that.

It looks like my package lacks support for lz4 (it was never used before for Switch release). And I can't check rn if support for it is added externally.

Use quickbms to unpack pak from Outer Worlds.
I extracted some files but they are archived with modified lz4 format
https://yadi.sk/d/RIL0ehDgoKSs3Q

g23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It includes it :)

OOO ok! just one more questions, is it essentially the same as the following mod from Clausioporosis below? because i have that installed right. Just wanted to check to be sure.

THANKS!

true, I was already happy with v1.1.
I just added 60FPS to the v1.2 config.
The game feels laggy when trying to stay at 30fps. Shifting from 30 to 40 back and forward just feels smoother.
But I think thats also the end of hitting maxRes...

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do I put the pak file? there are no install instructions
Read first post on this page.

Edit:

Sorry, if you have just the pak file and not the folders, this might help you:

Assuming atmosphere its "SdRoot\atmosphere\contents\0100626011656000\romfs\Indiana\Content\Paks"

Or just drop the 0100626011656000 folder into SdRoot\atmosphere\contents

If you just have the pak file then you would have to create all of those folders and then drop it in the last one. Or download one of the zip files added here and replace just the pak file.

If sx os, the location would be SX OS/Titles folder. Make sure you keep the Indiana folder how it is and all

Last edited by Benja81,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI