Hacking Out of the Loop. Questions/Problem

Fuzzy Yogurt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I modded my Wii successfully about 10 months ago. Still on 4.2u. Everything was current and up to date at the time.
Haven't touched it since, as far as updating it and modding goes. Everything works great. Every game I have has worked perfectly on USB Loader GX.

So here's my problem/questions.

GC Backup Launcher used to work back then. I haven't used it due to lack of a memory card though. Now that I have one I tried to fire it up and all I get is a green screen before the Wii reboots and spits me back out to the home screen.

The ONLY thing I did was install a disc update when I got a copy of DJ Hero 1. I'm pretty sure this messed SOMETHING up. Everything from what I can tell still works fine except GC Backup Launcher.

So....

What do I need to do to get GC Launcher working again?

I'll try to provide as much info as possible. Like I said....it's been 10 months since I modded my Wii so i've been out of the loop for awhile. I don't even remember what all I did to it.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fuzzy Yogurt said:
GC Backup Launcher used to work back then. I haven't used it due to lack of a memory card though. Now that I have one I tried to fire it up and all I get is a green screen before the Wii reboots and spits me back out to the home screen.

The ONLY thing I did was install a disc update when I got a copy of DJ Hero 1. I'm pretty sure this messed SOMETHING up. Everything from what I can tell still works fine except GC Backup Launcher.
The disc update probably overwrote your cMIOS with the official Ninty MIOS revision. Just head on over to cMIOS section of the Complete SoftModGuide for instructions and files.

-[]D

Fuzzy Yogurt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
Fuzzy Yogurt said:

The disc update probably overwrote your cMIOS with the official Ninty MIOS revision. Just head on over to cMIOS section of the Complete SoftModGuide for instructions and files.

-[]D

Got it working. Thanks a ton!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work