OUR THREAD WAS LOCKED. GATEWAY HYPE TRAIN ASSEMBLE!!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, but take the train out the thread and it strays

on that note, did you see the request thing to edit the NDS whitelist to bring it in line with not distributing the cia?.....imo that was a productive thread till it was shut down :O

Im working on it, I have an actual job to see to though. And making sure the rest of the staff is ok with it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
We're safe and fine in the EoF. Here our post count doesn't rise, which is what worries every goddamn mod in this place.

I feel like I should stand up for my fellow mods here. We don't care about your post count, what we care about is that your posts have pertinent content and aren't empty spam. The reason we remove the hype/train/page count/off-topic/empty posts in general is that they clutter up the thread for no reason, create false positives in forum searches (and leave people with pages and pages of keyword hits with absolutely no useful information); they make moderation impossible, make it difficult to distinguish informative posts from inane chatter, and when we are called to respond to a report we have to sift through pages and pages of absolutely nothing. Ain't nobody got time for that, staff members are volunteers here, we work in our own free time, and we can't spend the whole day poring over one thread. That's why we urge you to please stay on topic, and not fill the thread with pages and pages of zero content replies, and keep the hype to the IRC hype train channel, or the hype thread here.

Thank you.

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I feel like I should stand up for my fellow mods here. We don't care about your post count, what we care about is that your posts have pertinent content and aren't empty spam. The reason we remove the hype/train/page count/off-topic/empty posts in general is that they clutter up the thread for no reason, create false positives in forum searches (and leave people with pages and pages of keyword hits with absolutely no useful information); they make moderation impossible, make it difficult to distinguish informative posts from inane chatter, and when we are called to respond to a report we have to sift through pages and pages of absolutely nothing. Ain't nobody got time for that, staff members are volunteers here, we work in our own free time, and we can't spend the whole day poring over one thread. That's why we urge you to please stay on topic, and not fill the thread with pages and pages of zero content replies, and keep the hype to the IRC hype train channel, or the hype thread here.

Thank you.

Dear Veho,
please dont misunderstand this. What I do understand is that the thread over there was a hard job to manage since there was so much discussion "off topic" although relating to the topic. But on the other hand, I would like to say, that especially that thread does not need to be managed at all, since it just contains plain stuff relating to gateway. Actually dividing the thread, or blocking / banning members of a forum or from a thread just makes the whole topic getting more diversity. Since like I said, the last thing you want to have is a dead forum.
Even the title "Gateway working on New3DS" is having the keywords "working", "Gateway" and New3DS in it which obviously can be related to all of those topics. So in it comes not only the working part but also, how, when, in which way this card will work. And with that you get easily to "off topic" since as I said, there are a lot of unknown facts regarding gateway.

So... I think I made myself pretty clear, that although of your good work (a work I highly respect and appreciate), it is not needed in that kind of thread, since it is just discussions in a forum. (Which also in my opinion is a big part of going even into a forum)
If not, we should just make up a wiki page and only write important stuff in it without any speechings.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
hypetrain.jpg

OMG Just noticed me and Puppy_washer battling out :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Reactions: gamesquest1

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh... so they r asleep?????
Pretty sure all the Aussies are asleep. I'd be so happy if it released right now :D

I already prepared like 24 gb of games just to play... :D Although right now i m only playing mario kart 7 which my cousine gave me as a christmas present :D

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh... so they r asleep?????

I already prepared like 24 gb of games just to play... :D Although right now i m only playing mario kart 7 which my cousine gave me as a christmas present :D

lol, I haven't got too many. I'm starting a collection of .cia files so I can use my 32gb SD more than my 8gb microSD. Mostly really want to dump my Carts and saves.

considering a CPP just for MH3U because I have the WiiU version, and 3DS is probably more practical. Also my physical copy of MGS3 and RE:R.
So, how is the Gatewait going?

Very bad. Especially thanks to the mods :(

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
here's everyone that belongs to the hype thread, call' em at will:

guitarheroknight
omegart
RayBlackX
2Hack