Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh boy... this wont start a three page arguement XD also does this mean we will have something similar to ARM9LoaderHax on the 3ds, but on Wii U? Or EmuNAND?

A9LH, as the name says, is an exploit in Arm9Loader - a component of the N3DS kernel* that uses common keys stored in the secret sector (slot0x11key95 for 8.1-9.5, key96 for 9.6+) to decrypt the rest of the firmware.

* yes, a9lh works by installing a n3ds kernel even on a o3ds

A9LH itself only exploits a bad decryption of said kernel accomplished by editing the secret sector. The OTP is only used to decrypt the secret sector for reading, edit it, and reencrypt it. (And indeed now there are otpless techniques too).

The WU certainly doesn't have arm9loader, so the OTP is not a guarantee of cfw on boot.
It however is the prime opportunity for common people to dump some keys at home...

Well, this is what was needed for A9LH on the 3DS, so it actually means quite a bit.

Exactly. On 3DS.

Reactions: DrkBeam and Alex658

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. does anyone know of a good image to text converter. I took a photo of the output.

2. what can this be used for. A9LH for the wii u? lol.

ScienceBETCH

GBATemp's probably not Official Tom-Zero™ Main
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I was gone for a while and looks like lots of shit happened. Let me come to the point:
WHAT DID I FUCKING MISS

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was gone for a while and looks like lots of shit happened. Let me come to the point:
WHAT DID I FUCKING MISS
An IOSU userland (and later kernel) exploit was released by a user named @Hillary_Clinton (the name of a US presidential candidate)
This user (also named after a presidential candidate) released a tool to dump your OTP from your Wii U using that same exploit.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
1. does anyone know of a good image to text converter. I took a photo of the output.
just search on the app store for some OCR app

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

An IOSU userland (and later kernel) exploit was released by a user named @Hillary_Clinton (the name of a US presidential candidate)
This user (also named after a presidential candidate) released a tool to dump your OTP from your Wii U using that same exploit.
i am still waiting for @Barack Obama

Reactions: Deleted User

ScienceBETCH

GBATemp's probably not Official Tom-Zero™ Main
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I know that. What I asked was Stuff Like the app being broken and showing wrong otp.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do we need to write the numbers down? How will that help?
It won't, and anyone with a brain would advise against doing it. If you make a single mistake, your OTP is invalid and it WILL brick your console.

This is a Proof of Concept, nothing more. Once we actually have something to do with OTP, there will be a tool for dumping an accurate .bin file and not just displaying it on screen.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't, and anyone with a brain would advise against doing it. If you make a single mistake, your OTP is invalid and it WILL brick your console.

This is a Proof of Concept, nothing more. Once we actually have something to do with OTP, there will be a tool for dumping an accurate .bin file and not just displaying it on screen.
Oh okay. Thanks for the info. I wasn't going to write it down in the first place but now I'm definitely not going to. I'll just wait until this actually does something and becomes safer to do. Hopefully there will be a detailed guide on how to do the IOSU hack once it's out, like there's one for A9LH on the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92nLzMC-_kc