.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Idunno', I don't have that folder on my current install, but I do know it contains the windows installation files.
Okay, I think I found it, but its a "EX_" file. How do I change it (beside from renamimg it)?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
renaming is not enough.
Files with the underscore in the extension are compressed with the MSDos 5.x CABinet archive format.
You have to "uncab" the file.

Cab.exe and uncab.exe should be also present in your i386 folder.
Just drag/drop the .EX_ on uncab.exe.

It could also be expand.exe instead of uncab.exe.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
renaming is not enough.
Files with the underscore in the extension are compressed with the MSDos 5.x CABinet archive format.

So all i have too do is drag/drop the "logonui.EX_" file on expand.exe (thats whats there)?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yup, you have to do expand. uncab should work too, but I haven't ever done that with uncab, always used expand. Actually, I dunno if dragging it upon expand.exe is enough.

In that case, it'd be better to use your Command Prompt, and do this in the dir where's the .ex_ file.

"expand logonui.ex_ logonui.exe" (hopefully it isn't in the same directory where's the other logonui.exe).

After that, you can replace your old logonui with the new one.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
RoboticBuddy said:
Cyan said:
renaming is not enough.

So all i have too do is drag/drop the "logonui.EX_" file on expand.exe (thats whats there)?
Apparently, yes.
Though if that doesn't work (or if renaming seems to suffice after all), google "take ownership" and you'll come across a nice little program that'll add a take ownership option to your right-click menu.
EDIT: it seems that uncabbing/expanding is needed. The tak ownership program will still be handy in some other cases though XD

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Yup, you have to do expand. uncab should work too, but I haven't ever done that with uncab, always used expand. Actually, I dunno if dragging it upon expand.exe is enough.

In that case, it'd be better to use your Command Prompt, and do this in the dir where's the .ex_ file.

"expand logonui.ex_ logonui.exe" (hopefully it isn't in the same directory where's the other logonui.exe).

Oi, thanks!

Actually, it was
CODEexpand "X:\i386\logonui.EX_" "X:\Documents and Settings\RoboticBuddy\New Folder\logonui.exe"
"Documents and Settings" folder is "Users" in Vista/Windows 7.

EDIT:Is there any other way to get the original "logonui.exe"? Just asking.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
RoboticBuddy said:
raulpica said:

Oi, thanks!

Actually, it was
CODEexpand "X:\i386\logonui.EX_" "X:\Documents and Settings\RoboticBuddy\New Folder\logonui.exe"
"Documents and Settings" folder is "Users" in Vista/Windows 7.

EDIT:Is there any other way to get the original "logonui.exe"? Just asking.
Uh, yeah. I'm too used to copy things locally in a dir, then go in it with the prompt and do simple commands like those
tongue.gif

Well, there's always Google, but you can't be certain of what you're REALLY downloading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey