Gaming Orcs & Elves - Was $30, now $20, VERY GOOD

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure who all is aware of the game on DS called Orcs and Elves. Long story short, Carmack game from iD Software that originated on the phone and sells for $7+transmission fees. This game here is a carry over, but in turn added new areas, some new junk to get, little harder, full 3D map(but still 2d sprite enemies), strong sfx and music. The game is a 'Rogue' or classic AD&D(think NES or even on paper) type turned based RPG. The story seems pretty solid as it keeps you involved with new pieces as you move along. Quite a few good items to buy and earn, things to find, secrets(areas like DOOM had) and more. Shop is quite neat as you can barter with the talking dragon. Each monster has it's own weakness, and the game is evenly designed so stylus or d-pad works equally nice so it's total preference. The game is a challenge for sure, and even has a hard and nightmare mode too. Also funny enough, game inspires public drunkeness to talk with dwarves or go on a groggy stat boosted rampage.

It started at $30 and I avoided it due to that, but seems in the last week(?) it went down to a fair $20 tag. If you're into those types of RPG turn based setups like the AD&D, Rogue, Ultima Underworld(PC-DOS) and so on I can't recommend it highly enough. Just figured I'd drop a note and see if anyone else had it or was interested and now may get it due to the good price. If you check gamestats.com or the other Bribespot sites it rates roughly around an 8 which is damn good.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liked it as well but it was too short. Its gone down in price here to £19.99.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Already? It came out on DS only a month or two ago, and I've never even seen a copy for sale. Good thing I'd snapped up Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

Then again... Many games locally are far rarer than average. Took over 15 years to find Super Castlevania IV! It came out in 1991, yet I couldn't find a copy for sale until like July 2007.
ohmy.gif

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
'classic'? Khm. It's same 'classic' like all this new kids-friendly rpgs like morrowind, oblivion etc. Klick all enemys to death. Also there are not any classes/skill point etc. /=

ksponge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This game was decent but WAY too short. Only a few hours worth of gameplay that dribble through your fingers quickly.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Probably because the 2nd game came out for Mobile Phones. I hope they'll also port it to DS. It was a good game overall, short but fun while it lasted.

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I didnt think to pay any attention to this game, since i falsely considered it bargain bin fair. Then i watched a video review of the game, man i loved this type of game back on the pc! I'm going to have to pick this one up (especially since its so well priced!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...