ORAS: Is it possible to use pkhex and change ability of starters?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by tivu100, Oct 15, 2015.

1. tivu100
    OP

tivu100 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    I want a Speed-boost Torchic (I don't want Mega-Blaziken) for my nephew. He tried to soft reset and breed Ditto with the starter Pokemon Blaziken, but can't get Speed Boost Torchic . Can I use PKHEX and edit it's ability? Will it still good for online gameplay? Pass legit check? Does this break the game somehow?

Last edited by tivu100, Oct 15, 2015
  2. heartgold

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    Yes you can, it doesn't break online checks nor the game. I think abilities aren't linked to PID, nor are IV's and nature.

But not on the starter itself, no way it's legit for a in-game starter. You can breed it and edit it.

Last edited by heartgold, Oct 16, 2015
    tivu100 likes this.
  3. tivu100
    OP

tivu100 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Just did research, starter Torchic can't get Speed-Boost hidden ability whasovever. Only way to get speed boost Torchic is from and expired Pokemon X & Y events and transfer over. Does the game have some special point that only legit starter can obtain something like this in Fire Red (http://pokemondb.net/pokebase/129580/move-tutor-teach-blast-burn-hydro-cannon-frenzy-plant-starters)

Last edited by tivu100, Oct 16, 2015
  4. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    mod 1 speed boost...
    than breed with ditto.
    the child with speed boost is 100% legit.
    than u can just do some IV or nature edit....

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

of course starter PM can't....... HA won't come out itself...:lol:

tivu100 likes this.