ROM Hack ORAS: Is it possible to use pkhex and change ability of starters?

tivu100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a Speed-boost Torchic (I don't want Mega-Blaziken) for my nephew. He tried to soft reset and breed Ditto with the starter Pokemon Blaziken, but can't get Speed Boost Torchic . Can I use PKHEX and edit it's ability? Will it still good for online gameplay? Pass legit check? Does this break the game somehow?

Last edited by tivu100,

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes you can, it doesn't break online checks nor the game. I think abilities aren't linked to PID, nor are IV's and nature.

But not on the starter itself, no way it's legit for a in-game starter. You can breed it and edit it.

Last edited by heartgold,
Reactions: tivu100

tivu100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can, it doesn't break online checks nor the game. I think abilities aren't linked to PID, nor are IV's and nature.
Just did research, starter Torchic can't get Speed-Boost hidden ability whasovever. Only way to get speed boost Torchic is from and expired Pokemon X & Y events and transfer over. Does the game have some special point that only legit starter can obtain something like this in Fire Red (http://pokemondb.net/pokebase/129580/move-tutor-teach-blast-burn-hydro-cannon-frenzy-plant-starters)

Last edited by tivu100,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mod 1 speed boost...
than breed with ditto.
the child with speed boost is 100% legit.
than u can just do some IV or nature edit....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just did research, starter Torchic can't get Speed-Boost hidden ability whasovever. Only way to get speed boost Torchic is from and expired Pokemon X & Y events and transfer over.
of course starter PM can't....... HA won't come out itself...:lol:

Reactions: tivu100

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFe0CCeTDd8