GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like how Nintendo made Super Mario DS (originally super mario 64), Rayman DS (originally rayman 2: The great escape), and several other games.
Is there a program or some other way to shrink textures, and make an n64 ROM basic enough so that the NDS would be able to play it at a reasonable speed?

I mostly ask this because Nintendo is wierd enough to remake these games (good games, but not 1337 games) and not the world's best n64 game
cry.gif
: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I drool at the idea of being able to go up to people and say: "Don't talk to me! Can't you see i'm still stuck at the Deku Tree!?!?!"
Just playin. I'd drool at the idea of being able to play OoT wherever and whenever.
bow.gif

And when i think about it, the textures in Mario DS look alot crappier than the textures in mario 64. But then again, differences between Mario 64 and Mario DS with all the new levels, new animations, few new sprites, minigames...

If so, we can look at today and say, "The original super smash bros enhanced by DS and its wonderful Wifi abilities?"
yaynds.gif

*END RANT*

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Technically it is possible, however the amount of work required would be enormous: the people responsible for porting games like this can take ages and they have far more resources than any would be homebrew porter.

Distribution would be a complex issue as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock