Hacking Opinions! Do you think that the 3DS can really play pirate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
spinal_cord said:
It would download to flash, not to memory. Just like when you download a program to your computer before installing it.

Oh I see
smile.gif

Anyway, anyone wondered why did nintendo have a physical wi-fi switch on the 3DS? It should have a reason. The DSi just disables wireless functions.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Honestly why always this pointless threads. Maybe it will be hacked pretty soon (after it´s released) maybe not however at the moment nobody can say anything for sure and "opinions" will not change anything about it
wink.gif
So just wait until the 3DS is out.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Repeated topic asks for repeated reply.

What's assembled can be disassembled, what's coded can be hacked. It just takes time.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol so many people jumping to conclusions based off shoddy logic and terrible ideas. Not to mention countless double and triple posts, dude seriously use the fucking edit button. Also to the dweebs who think the DSi is really easy to hack, but no ones tried out of interest, fuck off you don't know what your talking about.

3869187499_da1665050d_b.jpg

3866958544_6f31537480_b.jpg

Some of the smartest minds have tried their hardest to crack the system and pull the keys out of it, including Team Twiizer members. If the 3DS is anything like the DSi, it will be a tough nut to crack (not saying its impossible) but they are going to be using AP security measures far beyond what was used in the original DS.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
Lol so many people jumping to conclusions based off shoddy logic and terrible ideas. Not to mention countless double and triple posts, dude seriously use the fucking edit button. Also to the dweebs who think the DSi is really easy to hack, but no ones tried out of interest, fuck off you don't know what your talking about.

-images-

Some of the smartest minds have tried their hardest to crack the system and pull the keys out of it, including Team Twiizer members. If the 3DS is anything like the DSi, it will be a tough nut to crack (not saying its impossible) but they are going to be using AP security measures far beyond what was used in the original DS.

yeah, it is hard
but as much as people find it stupid: more people will own the 3ds, so there is just more point hacking it
i don't see why the 3ds would have less protection than the dsi

and i don't see the point of this topic either
it's like playing a guessing game

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Yes ofcourse it can be hacked.
But i feel the anti-piracy measures will be kinda like wii 4.3
And they get rid of the Piracy method called 'don't update dumbass'

D

Deleted-246289

nutella said:
mjaoune said:
There are 6 billion people out there, so of course one clever computer or technology engineer will break the AP, and the flashcarts are going to start earlier than they did on the normal Nintendo DS, because when they first created the first flashcart, they have created slot 2 devices like passme or no pass before, then they've created the flashcart, but now engineers and hacker have more knowledge about the Nintendo DS system, like the header of the rom and how to break it.
Dont worry the AP will be broken maybe after 4-5 months after the Nintendo 3DS is out.
6 billion people? How many of those people even know anything about hacking? Do you think the DS was the first system to have piracy? That "knowledge" of the DS is no different to the "knowledge of the GBA when that had flashcarts yet it still took them 3-4 years for a reliable flashcart to become widely available.
Nintendo said that the normal Nintendo DS cards will work on the Nintendo 3DS, so we have some slot-1 cards for the DS/DSL/DSI so it may work on the 3DS. Actually we will not know anything till it is out after a month or two.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mjaoune said:
nutella said:
mjaoune said:
There are 6 billion people out there, so of course one clever computer or technology engineer will break the AP, and the flashcarts are going to start earlier than they did on the normal Nintendo DS, because when they first created the first flashcart, they have created slot 2 devices like passme or no pass before, then they've created the flashcart, but now engineers and hacker have more knowledge about the Nintendo DS system, like the header of the rom and how to break it.
Dont worry the AP will be broken maybe after 4-5 months after the Nintendo 3DS is out.
6 billion people? How many of those people even know anything about hacking? Do you think the DS was the first system to have piracy? That "knowledge" of the DS is no different to the "knowledge of the GBA when that had flashcarts yet it still took them 3-4 years for a reliable flashcart to become widely available.
Nintendo said that the normal Nintendo DS cards will work on the Nintendo 3DS, so we have some slot-1 cards for the DS/DSL/DSI so it may work on the 3DS. Actually we will not know anything till it is out after a month or two.
They use different hardware, so that's irrelevant.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Yes ofcourse it can be hacked.
But i feel the anti-piracy measures will be kinda like wii 4.3
And they get rid of the Piracy method called 'don't update dumbass'

Carts can have these updates and force them onto the system when you try to run them, so how do you get past that?

It's fairly obvious Nintendo is going out of the gate with some pretty strong defenses. Now for me, it doesn't irk me because a lot of their line up looks like good shit I'd like to buy.

Now, if the system is region locked....then I'll be super interested in a hack. That or there being a Japan-only game getting a translation. I'll call it now; we won't see any Tales games localized on the 3DS. ;_;

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
aminemaster said:
well if you read the update gbatemp made you will have to update your 3ds for every new game

Some things:

1- If we have a flashcart we can skip the updates (just like the Wii)

2- We can use a flashcar to make a custom firmware to the 3DS???

D

Deleted-188346

Judging from every hacked console in the past:

- Within 6-12 months, we'll get a flashcard that can play retail games.
- However, it will take a long time (if ever) for the ability to crack the actual firmware of the 3DS, and play 3DSware games.

This, of course, is just assuming.

Also, the flashcard teams will be working their asses off to get flashcards out there for the 3DS, given how insanely it will sell. The first team to release a flashcard will make so much money.
happy.gif

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
chris888222 said:
I didn't see any thrend about this... So I want to come up with this to hear your views if the 3DS really can be hacked/play pirated stuff. Correct me if there're thrends like this. (note: I am not talking about features of a hacked 3DS or whatsoever)
Lol are you fucking kidding me? This topic has been beaten to death in countless threads.

QUOTESo... What do you think? Do you really think nintendo is serious about AP and feel that the 3DS cannot be hacked? Or maybe nintendo is just implanting more useless measures which can easily be dealt with?
Derp derp? Of course they are going to try to protect the 3DS as much as they can, seeing how bad they've been burned in the past they have a fucking vested interested to keep piracy of their systems at all costs. It would be fucking retarded to assume otherwise. But at this point its all pure speculation, which serves no purpose at all. Just wait tell the system is out and the hackers have a look at it. THESE THREADS ARE RETARDED!

I second this.

ninjaapple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Crass said:
chris888222 said:
I didn't see any thrend about this... So I want to come up with this to hear your views if the 3DS really can be hacked/play pirated stuff. Correct me if there're thrends like this. (note: I am not talking about features of a hacked 3DS or whatsoever)
Lol are you fucking kidding me? This topic has been beaten to death in countless threads.

QUOTESo... What do you think? Do you really think nintendo is serious about AP and feel that the 3DS cannot be hacked? Or maybe nintendo is just implanting more useless measures which can easily be dealt with?
Derp derp? Of course they are going to try to protect the 3DS as much as they can, seeing how bad they've been burned in the past they have a fucking vested interested to keep piracy of their systems at all costs. It would be fucking retarded to assume otherwise. But at this point its all pure speculation, which serves no purpose at all. Just wait tell the system is out and the hackers have a look at it. THESE THREADS ARE RETARDED!

Watch the language, yo might get banned for something simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu