Opinion with this Classic Controller

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Akira, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Akira
    OP

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    Hi guys, i just want your opinion as stated above. I am planning to buy a classic controller for wii but unfortunately i am very tight in my budget right now so i cant afford to buy the original one. I saw this classic controller at each mall website and i think i ca afford to buy two of it. So what do you think? any experiences on china made products like this controller? Thanks in advance on your opinions.

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    A while ago I had bought one of the China knockoff CCPs just like that one, but I don't remember from where. Mine was very defective - I think it's the left stick... ended up thinking it was constantly stuck up-left no matter what I did. Didn't bother trying to get it refunded or anything because I got it cheap.

YMMV (I've heard of these working just fine, and as with all electronics, a few duds are bound to pop up here and there) but if you buy it, buy with the knowledge you may get a non-working model.

I buy a lot of shit from eachmall, they're definitely trustworthy as a website, but I've got no idea what their RMA process is like. Knock on wood, I've never had a problem with anything I've bought from them yet, but the few times I have had an issue with Chinese goods ordered overseas from any website, I never bothered with trying to RMA them because it's just too much of a hassle for the little money I'd get back, just isn't worth my time.

Long story short - buy a first party one from a retail store near you and know it'll work (or have a pretty painless exchange if it doesn't) (They're $20 USD in the states, not sure how much they'd cost where you are), or buy one/a few knockoff ones with the knowledge you're taking a gamble.

3. Akira
    OP

Apr 28, 2013
    Hi, as you said that is a big possibility on china made products. Do you happen to know any website that sells original wii controllers with international shipping? I've been trying to google it but the only i found has bad reviews about them(it was buy.com previously as far as i remember).

4. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Well, play-asia sells them, and I am pretty sure they ship worldwide - http://www.play-asia.com/wii-classic-controller-pro-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-4xh1.html

Unfortunately that's not cheap, that's almost $10 more than we get them for here in the states. Amazon or eBay for your region might end up being a better bet. I'm not too sure of anywhere else that would sell an OEM controller with international shipping - I usualyl either buy Chinese stuff from overseas or official stuff from Amazon or a retail store that's near me.

5. Akira
    OP

Apr 28, 2013
    I think i already check that site and yeah, they are too expensive. As for amazon, i'll try to look again and see if i can find an original one that ships here in UAE. Hoping that the shipping rate wont be that expensive though. Thanks for your help