Homebrew Emulation Openbor games issues [wii]

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have Night Slashers X working, playing now. Are there other NS paks in particular that should be tested?
I was never able to find working Night Slashers packs.
Even on that site that needs you to register.
So I truly don't know.
Also, in my experience, I was never able to make the Night Slashers pack (from that site) to load.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was never able to find working Night Slashers packs.
Even on that site that needs you to register.
So I truly don't know.
Also, in my experience, I was never able to make the Night Slashers pack (from that site) to load.

I have a Night Slashers PAK that works on Wii. I actually played it from beginning to end too and can verify that it doesn't crash.

The name of the PAK you're looking for is: Night Slashers X [05.12.2015] [v.3.0 Build 4153]

It's a very good PAK and as far as I know, the only way to play this particular Data East arcade game on Wii. Are there newer/better Wii working versions of this PAK?

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Qaztab

Very cool game with great audio/music. Thank you for sharing this.

Wanted to enlighten or remind others, OpenBOR can be used through WiiFlow Lite plugins. If you have several games, using through the natural HBC app can be cumbersome to say the least.

The emulator will only play games through SD, but through WFL using Wiimpathy mod, they will play through USB. Not only is it much easier to navigate to your desired game but @matto21 released his cover art for these games as well.

What i have now is around 280 OpenBOR paks (25gb) now working thanks to matto21 huge contributions.

I am going to host these paks for download with a Mega link available coming in the next few days. These games are free to distribute as they are made by fans of the genre.

If any content is restricted or creator wants their content removed, please post or PM me.

Thanks
Hello,

Thank you for uploading BOR games. Do you know if they will work on USB loader GX or any other method than WiiFlow lite?

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I tried it out and the games I tried work great. Thank you.

However, I did notice some things. I thought the latest release of OpenBor plus had support for USB drives. I put the files in the USB under the apps folder and it did not show up on HBL. Do you know which version supports USB for the OpenBor plus program? I moved over the files to the SD and the OpenBorPlus program showed up on HBL. Also the vwii channel forwarder did not work. It just gave me a black screen and then it returned to the vwii main menu screen again. Do you know how I can get the channel forwarder to work?

Thank you for your help.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 rev 3691 works through both SD & USB using forwarder channel.

4 latest rev works through SD using forwarder channel but only works with USB through HBC.

I am positive the issue you are experiencing is what i experienced while testing. You must have a clean install, meaning there cannot be any save files from previous install.

Attachments

• OpenBOR.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
Reactions: Panchosfriend

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

4 latest rev works through SD using forwarder channel but only works with USB through HBC.

I am positive the issue you are experiencing is what i experienced while testing. You must have a clean install, meaning there cannot be any save files from previous install.
Thank you. I will try your versions tomorrow. What are the features I will miss out by using the older version of OpenBor plus? Do more games play on newer versions of OpenBor Plus?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not my work, only the Forwarder channel is my creation. I only enjoy playing the BOR games.

I have not tested 4 thoroughly, @matto21 has tested many games and sent me results. He truly does alot for the community behind the scene.

I think the upgraded compatibility in rev 4 is small but undeniably an improvement. If you were using WFL or through SD, there is no question rev 4 is superior. But if using through USB forwarder, 3 rev 3691 is the choice.

I use both.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not my work, only the Forwarder channel is my creation. I only enjoy playing the BOR games.

I have not tested 4 thoroughly, @matto21 has tested many games and sent me results. He truly does alot for the community behind the scene.

I think the upgraded compatibility in rev 4 is small but undeniably an improvement. If you were using WFL or through SD, there is no question rev 4 is superior. But if using through USB forwarder, 3 rev 3691 is the choice.

I use both.
I will check out matto21’s list and check out both versions you provided tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hello there!

Can you please attach the 3 rev 3691 version? the file you attached had both versions of 4.0 40469 when I opened both files. Both versions did not show the paks on the USB even when I opened the program through HBL.

Thank you.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes OpenBoR v3.0 Build 6391 (April 8 2020)
Is indeed booting correctly and playing games through USB.

I am using 2tb WD Ultra.

Are you positive SD card is not plugged in as well? Also you have the USB plugged into the correct port?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over