OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, I just installed the Openbor on my Wii , the version is 3.0

I added first only 2 games to test: Crisis Evil and Streets of Rage 2x

Crisis Evil loads ok. But, after playing a couple minutes, in the first "subway" sign, the screen roll does not advance and enemies stop appearing so we got stuck

Streets of Rage 2x goes to a black screen and I need to reset the wii. This game was downloaded on ChronoCrash

I extracted the files and put only the PAK file inside PAK folder of Openbor. There´s a lot of other files, but I left them out of the SD

My 128gb SD card is that cheapest one that you see on Aliexpress, but it´s working ok for most emulators (genplus, snes9x, retroarch, etc.)

Any idea if I´m doing something wrong?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@locomia

I dont have the original Crisis Evil, i have the Harlem Heroes Remake Vellrrath Edition Remastered version. I just completed the 1st stage with no issues, but do not have SOR 2X to test.

I tested hundreds of games a few years back and kept around 120-130 that were playable but testing on many games was not thorough. I could gather a small compatibility list of what i have and believe is working and post. I have been away from the BOR scene for a few years so the list will definitely not be current after 2020, im sure many newer games or others untested are working.

I use OpenBoR v3.0 Build
September 06, 2018 (Wiimpathy Mod)

Reactions: niuus and locomia

locomia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@locomia

I dont have the original Crisis Evil, i have the Harlem Heroes Remake Vellrrath Edition Remastered version. I just completed the 1st stage with no issues, but do not have SOR 2X to test.

I tested hundreds of games a few years back and kept around 120-130 that were playable but testing on many games was not thorough. I could gather a small compatibility list of what i have and believe is working and post. I have been away from the BOR scene for a few years so the list will definitely not be current after 2020, im sure many newer games or others untested are working.

I use OpenBoR v3.0 Build
September 06, 2018 (Wiimpathy Mod)

Thank you! A small compatibity list would be great (if it not give too much work to you)
My openbor version is the same. The "working" game actually is crisis evil 2 and the issue occurs when playing the sound modified version (first option in game) but it worked well using the "original game" (third option in list when game starts). About SOR 2x I'll assume that it's not compatible and try other games..

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know how to fix switch version of openbor??? I got the new version of double dragon directors cut updated version of magggis with all new content added but I keep getting memory issues same goes for other games. why isn't it running on atmosphere properly??

Reactions: locomia

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play tested many version of openbor for the switch with different paks and narrowed it down to one version of openbor that runs best on the Wii. When I get back home from vacation I will check what version I use.

Reactions: locomia

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tested games
working
A Tale of Vengeance
Aliens vs Predator - Aftermath
Asterix And Caesars Challenge
AvengersUnitedBattleForce
Balance of Power
Bare Knuckle Next Generation [v.3.0]
Bare Knuckle V [v.3.0 Build 4086]
Battle Toads
Battletoads Double Dragon - The Revenge (V.6)
Bruce Lee - Revenge of the Dragon 1.0
Burn Kingdom
Cadillac & Dinosaurs - Dinosaurs Warriors [Ver. 0.6]
Captain Commando And The Avengers
Castlevania - Symphony Of Destruction
Castlevania Legacy Of Dracula - Mugen Player (2014)
City of Heroes (2011 version) aka Marvel vs DC Comics
Cla Fan - Classic Fantasy
CrimeBustersUpdate
Crisis Evil
Crisis Evil 2
Crisis Evil 2 Remake
Darkstalkers 1.0
Double Dragon Gaiden (US version)
Dungeons & Dragons - Rise of Warduke 3.0
Dynasty Assassin
Ed Edd n Eddy - Nightmare on Ed Street
Evil dead
Fatal Fury Final
Fearless Warriors
Final Fight alpha
Final Fight Apocalypse - 1st Edition
Final Fight Apocalypse - 2nd Edition
Final Fight Boss [Ver. 11.02.2018]
Final Fight Heroes [Ver. 7.4]
Final Fight PC 2018
Fists of Legendary Heroes (v1.3)
FOLH
Ghosts'n Demons
Ghosts'n Goblins Dragon Ball
GI JOE - Attack On Cobra Island
Golden Axe Curse of Death Adder 3.0
Guardian Heroes Warpath
Guilty Gear - The Crusades
Hulk vs Streets of Rage
Hyper Final Fight (updated by LiquidPolicenaut)
Hyper Final Fight 2 (updated by LiquidPolicenaut)
Hyper Final Fight 3 (v2.5)
Joe And Mac
Kill Bill - Volume 1
Knights & Dragons - Final Cut
Luta Final Fight
Martial Masters - New Legend
Marvel Super Heroes
Mega Sonic
MegaMan - War of the Past
Mortal Kombat Unlimited
Neon Lightning Force
Night Slashers X
Rage of the Streets
Rhythm of Destruction 2 - Street Fighter Edition
Shiva & Lisa
Shiva & Lisa 2
Shiva&Lisa3
Street Knightz [Ver. 3.51]
Streets Of Rage IV [Ver. 0.99]
Streets of Rage XXX [Ver. 2018]
Streets of Rage Z 2
Streets_Of_Rage_legacy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The City of Kaos
not working
Dbz_Attack_of_Saiyans
Double Dragon 3 The Dragon Stone
Dungeon Magic
Knights of the Round Annihilation1a
SBMM
Streets of Rage Z
Streets of Rage Z Megamix [Ver. 1.8][v.3.0 Build 3373]
Streets of Rage Z Return of the Hero [v.3.0 Build 3373]
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Wrath of Shredder [Ver. 1.1][v.3.0 Build 4086]
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III The Manhattan Project [v.3.0 Build 4086]

Last edited by matto21,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@matto21

I see you have a few marked not working that i have in my folder.

What i have is a ROUGH list and those titles are most likely not working as matto21 has marked.

Too bad there isn't a host location where the working paks could be uploaded and downloaded for quick access to all those interested in Beats.

Hunting some of these games down, especially the latest working releases requires some digging.

Reactions: niuus and locomia

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@matto21

What i have is a ROUGH list and those titles are most likely not working as matto21 has marked.

Too bad there isn't a host location where the working paks could be uploaded and downloaded for quick access to all those interested in Beats.

Hunting some of these games down, especially the latest working releases requires some digging.
added other compatibility titles

Attachments

• working.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 111
  • not working.txt
    365 bytes · Views: 64

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@matto21

added other compatibility titles

Attachments

• working.txt
    4 KB · Views: 90
  • not working.txt
    473 bytes · Views: 58

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone gonna update the switch version of openbor??? its been over a year and alot of games aren't working on v14xx.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't play alot of games on the newer fw of switch is it gonna get an update soon?? just wondering because there aren't many good beat em ups on switch.

slider6996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't play alot of games on the newer fw of switch is it gonna get an update soon?? just wondering because there aren't many good beat em ups on switch.

i also second this as i just stumbled across this hidden gem of games and i am legit hooked and kinda surprised its not updated more on platforms to be emulated as the switch one takes sooooo long to scroll through the games if u have to many its painful but its only one that plays them pretty smoothly wihtout hassle and ive tried other consoles but ya, hope it gets some love besides windows.

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the thread that kind of pushed me to join as there isn't much Wii OpenBOR talk that I could find elsewhere.

Anyway, I have "Godzilla, Ultraman, Gamera" pak that I have customized between a couple different versions of some earlier releases with the intent of making it Wii friendly and feature heavy. You can play it from beginning to end without crashing. It's the version prior to their adding the "Defend" game mode, but with that mode added. Also added a bunch of features.

I do not want credit for this. Credit the creators as this PAK is still being updated to this day and is awesome. I only want to share it.

www.mediafire.com/file/8uxaid6cdq15zip/Godzilla_Ultraman_Gamera_Lite_Unofficial.7z/file

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Qaztab

Very cool game with great audio/music. Thank you for sharing this.

Wanted to enlighten or remind others, OpenBOR can be used through WiiFlow Lite plugins. If you have several games, using through the natural HBC app can be cumbersome to say the least.

The emulator will only play games through SD, but through WFL using Wiimpathy mod, they will play through USB. Not only is it much easier to navigate to your desired game but @matto21 released his cover art for these games as well.

What i have now is around 280 OpenBOR paks (25gb) now working thanks to matto21 huge contributions.

I am going to host these paks for download with a Mega link available coming in the next few days. These games are free to distribute as they are made by fans of the genre.

If any content is restricted or creator wants their content removed, please post or PM me.

Thanks

Reactions: JuanMena

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over