Homebrew Emulation Openbor games issues [wii]

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes OpenBoR v3.0 Build 6391 (April 8 2020)
Is indeed booting correctly and playing games through USB.

I am using 2tb WD Ultra.

Are you positive SD card is not plugged in as well? Also you have the USB plugged into the correct port?
Oh okay. Not sure why it's not showing up on the HBL through my USB. I put the program file on the USB under the apps folder. My USB is formatted to FAT 32. Although my USB is a 4TB hard drive, but I don't think the size would not make the program not show up when everything else works correctly.

The SD card is in the Wii U and the USB is connected correctly through a Y cable.

Do you have to set up OpenBor differently if you are using a USB?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing OpenBoR requires afaik is all files must be in the same folder.

In other words. If you have OpenBoR installed on your SD but the game PAKS on USB, this is causing your issue.

Make sure OpenBoR is only on USB. If that does not work, try ejecting SD.

Reactions: Panchosfriend

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing OpenBoR requires afaik is all files must be in the same folder.

In other words. If you have OpenBoR installed on your SD but the game PAKS on USB, this is causing your issue.

Make sure OpenBoR is only on USB. If that does not work, try ejecting SD.
I have all the OpenBor files under the same folder in the /apps folder on the USB. It is not on the SD card at all.

I took out the sd card and then OpenBor program did show up on HBL. I clicked on the program and the logo of Open Boots of rage came up for 30 seconds and then it booted back to the Wii main menu.

I clicked on a OpenBor log and this is what it had:

Total Ram: 75497471 Bytes
Free Ram: 69492815 Bytes
Used Ram: 6004656 Bytes

********** An Error Occurred **********

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This makes me believe it is a USB HDD size issue, but i am no expert in that area.

I tested on 32gb USB SanDisk flash drive through forwarder and it is also booting and playing without issues.

There are a few very knowledgeable members here on gbatemp regarding USB compatibility. Maybe you could get some advice if you open a USB size/partition thread.

Ill try to hunt the member down i know is still active and link.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This makes me believe it is a USB HDD size issue, but i am no expert in that area.

I tested on 32gb USB SanDisk flash drive through forwarder and it is also booting and playing without issues.

There are a few very knowledgeable members here on gbatemp regarding USB compatibility. Maybe you could get some advice if you open a USB size/partition thread.

Ill try to hunt the member down i know is still active and link.
Thank you for your help. I will try to make a small list of games that can fit on my SD card.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always install WFL and run Open BOR through there. Believe me, after using WFL for awhile, you will fall in love with it.
I tried WFL and it was such a pain for me with all the plugin setups and the sort. I just stick with USB loader GX because it works as intended with minimal technical issues.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been maintaining the WFL Plugins Pack in TetsuoShimas absence for over a year now.

I personally don't use the wheel feature most users do. I use the old school standard source button setup.

If you let me know what consoles you use and which emulators you use. I could cook you up a quick setup to try out.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been maintaining the WFL Plugins Pack in TetsuoShimas absence for over a year now.

I personally don't use the wheel feature most users do. I use the old school standard source button setup.

If you let me know what consoles you use and which emulators you use. I could cook you up a quick setup to try out.
Nice. You seem like a real experienced technical person to me. I use Wii U, vWii and regular Wii. Haven’t gotten around to hacking my PS3, PS2 or vita. Thank you for all of your help.

I have all my retro games setup through stand alone emulator (snes9x, genesisgx, Mame, Wii64, Not64 all the way to the Atari 2600) on vwii and Wii and GameCube (running Nintendont), Wii and wiiware games through usb installer GX. I have Retroarch setup through my Wii U with all retro setup there also.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is WFL something you want to pursue or are you fine with the way you have things set up?

I run both setups, WFL & Wii menu. Both have their advantages and disadvantages imo.

WiiFlow Lite is a great frontend that does just about everything the Wii is capable of.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is WFL something you want to pursue or are you fine with the way you have things set up?

I run both setups, WFL & Wii menu. Both have their advantages and disadvantages imo.

WiiFlow Lite is a great frontend that does just about everything the Wii is capable of.
It is totally up to you. Whatever is easier for you. If you have Wiiflow setup completely and it’s just a matter of uploading it, then I’ll try it out.

If you have to compile every file from scratch, then I’ll just take the WFL setup with just the openBOR plugins so I can load the games with a USB.

Thank you for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over