Spendoza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good day, comrades.
I have a Xbox 360 Falcon and have updated up to 17511.
I also purchased a bunch of legit games on disk, Legendary/GOTY editions that sort of thing, as well as a bunch of purchased/free for gold titles on a USB HDD.
I am now getting the "Open Tray" error, where the disks do not read, despite the system working perfectly otherwise with the USB HDD games.
What can be done to allow me to play my legit 360 game disks? As I got the system years ago from a friend for $50 I am not opposed to opening it up, and I am fully capable of soldering if necessary.
Thank you for any suggestions, and please let me know if more info is needed.

Spendoza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, interesting. googling guide, will report results

edit: I realize now I may not have been clear in my OP. The drive opens and closes fine.
When I put a disk in, it makes terrible sounds and does not read the disk... Same solution?

Last edited by Spendoza,

JoanneClark

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good day, comrades.
I have a Xbox 360 Falcon and have updated up to 17511.
I also purchased a bunch of legit games on disk, Legendary/GOTY editions that sort of thing, as well as a bunch of purchased/free for gold titles on a USB HDD.
I am now getting the "Open Tray" error, where the disks do not read, despite the system working perfectly otherwise with the USB HDD games.
What can be done to allow me to play my legit 360 game disks? As I got the system years ago from a friend for $50 I am not opposed to opening it up, and I am fully capable of soldering if necessary.
Thank you for any suggestions, and please let me know if more info is needed.
This fix will try and make it easier for your XBOX to read a disc by making the disc easier to read. We do this by taking a disc out running some cool water over the disc and then gently drying it either by dabbing it or by rubbing the disc from the inside to the outside of the disc. Then just put the disc back into the xbox.
check for other methods here
www errorsolutions.tech/error/xbox-360-open-tray-error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny