OOTHAX question

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by M05K, Mar 16, 2016.

1. M05K
    OP

M05K Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2016
    United States
    Hello everyone!

My friend have a 3DS console with japanese region and the ocarina of time game I have is European region, I want to put the hacked save on my carttridge using his 3DS with JAPANESE Region, i think theres no problem because i will not play it just install the hacked save. No problems right?

2. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    The problem is that you will not be able to run that oot on the jp 3ds because of the region lock.
    You would have to run homebrew to use regionfree, but at this point the oothax would be pointless

Last edited by Arubaro, Mar 16, 2016
  3. M05K
    OP

M05K Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2016
    United States
    I just only need to put the save on my OOT cart with the oothax installer on his japanese 3DS, then use it on my EUR 3DS so I can install the Homebrew channel on my O3DS and downgrade it, what do you think?

4. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    If the japanese 3ds is hacked and the oot you're going to use is eur as the 3ds you want to hack, then I think it might work.

The 3ds you want to hack and the oot have to be the same region, otherwise, there would be no point doing it.

Last edited by Arubaro, Mar 16, 2016
  5. M05K
    OP

M05K Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2016
    United States
    I'm asking it because I will need to buy a copy of OOT, I just need to put the hacked save on my cart, for that I need his 3DS that already have homebrew and the OOTHax installer but is on japanese, but probably that's not a problem because I will not play it on his japanese 3ds so probably it will work you think?

Thank you

6. Epicbeardman

Epicbeardman Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2010
    United States
    Yeah this will work. I basically did the same thing when I used my hacked USA O3DS to install OoTHax on a EUR cart for use on my EUR N3DS.

Arubaro likes this.