Homebrew Oothax not working for me

PixleTyler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oothax is not working for me and I don't know why. I'll do my best to explain my situation, hopefully somebody here can help

Here's where I'm at;

I turn on 3ds
load Oot
press button
get black screen, says homebrew menu is ready then reverts back to 3ds home screen instead of going the different colours like I remember

I am on 11.6, I don't have CFW or anything else

I downloaded a slightly newer (I think) Oothax master file and have powersaves but can't figure out how to use it.

I have spent all evening yesterday and all morning today trying to figure this out, looking through tutorials ect but they all seem to be out of date or I'm missing something.

PixleTyler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I set everything up, I had it all working smoothly.
I haven't used it for a while though so perhaps I missed an update?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oothax is not working for me and I don't know why. I'll do my best to explain my situation, hopefully somebody here can help

Here's where I'm at;

I turn on 3ds
load Oot
press button
get black screen, says homebrew menu is ready then reverts back to 3ds home screen instead of going the different colours like I remember

I am on 11.6, I don't have CFW or anything else

I downloaded a slightly newer (I think) Oothax master file and have powersaves but can't figure out how to use it.

I have spent all evening yesterday and all morning today trying to figure this out, looking through tutorials ect but they all seem to be out of date or I'm missing something.
Could you screenshot your sd card. I'm not too sure what's wrong, but often that clears things up.

PixleTyler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't sure what you were after so I took a bunch of pics, uploaded to imgur /a/t7FzO & /a/yVQry

Tried to link in post but it says I'm spamming, apologies for being such a noob.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure what you were after so I took a bunch of pics, uploaded to imgur /a/t7FzO & /a/yVQry

Tried to link in post but it says I'm spamming, apologies for being such a noob.
Reply to this, click the picture button next to the smiley face button, and paste your link there. That let's you directly insert an image. If that doesn't work, attach the file to the post. I'm on mobile, removing the spaces is difficult.

Last edited by Giodude,

PixleTyler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Adding via picture button says spam

Attachments

• oothax screen 1.jpg
    oothax screen 1.jpg
    856.3 KB · Views: 326

PixleTyler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I took picture of the SD card itself as well but I think this is what you're after.

hopefully

Attachments

• RfD5LSe.jpg
    RfD5LSe.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 315
  • eRSCck8.jpg
    eRSCck8.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 274

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Download the latest release and try reflashing it with power saves. The game save exploit should have the payloads included if I'm reading this right so you don't need external payloads. If that doesn't work download the starter.zip and extract that to your SD root overwrite anything already there and try again. That's all the ideas I have.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The boot.3dsx file goes on the root of the SD. It comes with the starter.zip pack for hbl. What I linked is the correct payloads/savegames for you to flash to your OOT3D card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The very first entry on that link is the only build that works on 11.6. Unless there's some other unofficial build somewhere.

And if you have the power saves dongle just use it to install those payloads like you did when you first set the card up.

I don't have a tutorial handy but any that walks you through the setup with power saves will work just be sure to use the latest release of the hack.

Reactions: PixleTyler

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2