Hardware OoTHax and 11.4.0.35U Question

WaitWhatBro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does ootHax work still? I havent used homebrew in a good few months so am a bit rusty but when I started up trying to get through with the OOT way I was using. It says it encountered a error and doesnt goto the Homebrew.
Could someone direct me to the right place for downloading what I need if it does still work?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does ootHax work still? I havent used homebrew in a good few months so am a bit rusty but when I started up trying to get through with the OOT way I was using. It says it encountered a error and doesnt goto the Homebrew.
Could someone direct me to the right place for downloading what I need if it does still work?
Best to shell out $20 and hack your 3DS https://3ds.guide/

WaitWhatBro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u hack your 3DS as stated u can have HBL access no matter the fw version your on
That's clearly not the case, cause a few months ago I used it just fine. Now the oothax isnt working when I load up OoT and load the save to access the HB. So...

WaitWhatBro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He means install custom firmware.
um no idea about that, all I did before was put the starter kit for homebrew into the SD cards root
copied the powersave version of Zelda OoThax to LoZ:OOT
Booted up zelda, pressed A, it would take me to a black screen and then load the homebrew.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If the homebrew loader is not launching, you need to manually update your payload to match the system version you're running, by going to smealum's site. https://smealum.github.io/3ds/

If that no longer works, you're going to have to install cfw, which is detailed in the link you called an "advertisement"
No idea where to place the Otherapp file within the RootSD.
I called it a advertisement cause the first thing he said was to pay 20$ and have it hacked for me.

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You misunderstood his statement. He wouldn't be doing any of that for you. The $20 is the average cost for a DS-mode flash cart, which is the current most effective way to hack any model and firmware of 3DS, and from my understanding the carts can be purchased pre-loaded with the exploit used in installing custom firmware, which would also restore access to the homebrew launcher.

Additionally, that website is not a store: it is a step-by-step tutorial. However, GBATemp's own store is linked on the site's homepage, where you can see the prices of various carts for yourself.

Last edited by SirAileron,

WaitWhatBro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The $20 is the average cost for a DS-mode flash cart, which is the current most effective way to hack any model and firmware of 3DS, and from my understanding the carts can be purchased pre-loaded with the exploit used in installing custom firmware, which would also restore access to the homebrew launcher.

Additionally, that website is not a store: it is a step-by-step tutorial. However, GBATemp's own store is linked on the site's homepage, where you can see the prices of various carts for yourself.
So whats the point of sharing it with me when its not really related to what am asking, no one seems to be willing to answer the one question I asked. I'm trying to be polite here but no one seems to be able or willing to just answer the question I asked. I'm trying not to be rude here but I have no interest in spending 20$ on something that worked fine before and all am asking is if OoThax works still or not.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So whats the point of sharing it with me when its not really related to what am asking, no one seems to be willing to answer the one question I asked. I'm trying to be polite here but no one seems to be able or willing to just answer the question I asked. I'm trying not to be rude here but I have no interest in spending 20$ on something that worked fine before and all am asking is if OoThax works still or not.
True, but they're telling you this because you'll never have to worry about OOThax or any other hax with custom firmware. Idk the answer to your question.

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had it installed and haven't updated your system, there is no reason for it to have broken. The save exploit method for loading homebrew isn't particularly stable, so there can be times where you will not succeed in loading it. Did the loading process freeze, or was there an error code?

And really, how is it not related? Not only does cfw restore access to the hbl, but it also offers you a dedicated app to access it, without having to use OoT, or any other donor game for that matter. And in Luma's case, you can directly boot the homebrew files.

Last edited by SirAileron,

WaitWhatBro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but they're telling you this because you'll never have to worry about OOThax or any other hax with custom firmware. Idk the answer to your question.
What about games that require system updates to even play them when they are new?

If you had it installed and haven't updated your system, there is no reason for it to have broken. The save exploit method for loading homebrew isn't particularly stable, so there can be times where you will not succeed in loading it. Did the loading process freeze, or was there an error code?
Before it would load the save, it would have the black screen that showed it was trying to boot but then it would say a it encountered a error.

Its for 11.4.0.35U like listed in the title. Was asking if that firmware and OotHax works, cause Monster Hunter Stories required that firmware. I'm trying to figure out if 11.4.035U works with the OotHax

Last edited by WaitWhatBro,

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about games that require system updates to even play them when they are new?

Before it would load the save, it would have the black screen that showed it was trying to boot but then it would say a it encountered a error.

Its for 11.4.0.35U like listed in the title. Was asking if that firmware and OotHax works, cause Monster Hunter Stories required that firmware. I'm trying to figure out if 11.4.035U works with the OotHax
With custom firmware you can update your 3ds and games just like normal.

Reactions: Shadow#1

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If I remember correctly, the save exploits are also specific to system firmware versions. You'd have to have updated the OoThax save before updating the system, too, otherwise the game won't crash in the correct manner. If you don't have another hax entrypoint, you're out of luck, as the last 100% free primary exploit was on 11.3 or earlier.

And as far as games requiring updates on cfw, that stopped being an issue years ago. The currently maintained cfws run the latest firmware, and allow for eshop access if you're so inclined.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.