Reactions: TurdPooCharger

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That would make sense as the word for yellow in german is "gelb". I recall certain hax having yellow and red screens, which is why I got confused what he was referring to. Thanks for the correction.
I was also confused at the first look. Some time ago there was something with a lot of yellow screens. Other than that your translation looks okay. Only one minor correction ( I hope you don't mind)
"Datei" translates to file.
"Daten" is data.

Sorry for the late reply. I’m not that fast a the moment – sorry. Really sick.

The archive with saveimages only contains POST5_E_27649_9221.bin/sav for European and Japanese Ocarina of Time not the version POST5_E_28673_9221.bin (The US-version is there). Why? Don’t know…

Anyway.
@Jerome94: Frogminer is definitely the better idea.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Jerome94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was also confused at the first look. Some time ago there was something with a lot of yellow screens. Other than that your translation looks okay. Only one minor correction ( I hope you don't mind)
"Datei" translates to file.
"Daten" is data.

Sorry for the late reply. I’m not that fast a the moment – sorry. Really sick.

The archive with saveimages only contains POST5_E_27649_9221.bin/sav for European and Japanese Ocarina of Time not the version POST5_E_28673_9221.bin (The US-version is there). Why? Don’t know…

Anyway.
@Jerome94: Frogminer is definitely the better idea.

i will try it, but i cant open the game, because it isnt there :D so i mean steel diver

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i will try it, but i cant open the game, because it isnt there :D so i mean steel diver
Just search for "Steel Diver" in the Eshop. I just checked, it is there and downloadable with European 3DS on German settings. You need this: (and no updates) if it downloads the update anyway, delete it from System Settings.
SteelDiver.JPG

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want to install custom firmware, but just want to get oot3dhax running again, then you can use the Homebrew Launcher from Steelhax to run sploit-installer-oot3dhax. If sploit-installer doesn't work, then you can manually update the payload.bin on your oot3d cart using JKSM.

Then you can use your Powersaves to dump the save data and share it here, if you like. ;)

Kat25

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, um, would anyone be able to give me the oot3dhax save file? I'll be using the r4i save dongle, and firmware is 11.8.0-41J (yes, Japanese). I believe it's using the cardids_c2fe009000000000 folder. I'll really appreciate it if someone can, thanks in advance :)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Stuarty27

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i'm just trying to get back into the homebrew scene, i used to use oothax but i have since updated my 3ds, its currently on 11.8.0-41E. It's also the old 3ds. i'm looking for help creating a powersav file to access the homebrew menu, if anyone could help that'd be amazing.
there's also a new update available, if i were to do that would anyone be able to help me access homebrew then? thanks

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all, i'm just trying to get back into the homebrew scene,
You should be advised that the "homebrew scene" moved on from *hax a long time ago and there aren't really any good reasons to keep using *hax. Most people are using b9s+Luma these days. It is relatively quick, easy, and free to install using http://3ds.guide .

There is also very little reason to keep using oot3dhax. If you update to 11.13, you can download Pokemon Piccross from the eShop (it is a free download) and then install Picchax, which does everything oot3dhax can do and is considerably more reliable.

In fact, if you really want oot3dhax, probably the best way to get it would be to update to 11.13 and install Picchax. You can then use JKSM to update the payload.bin inside your oot3d cartridge, as discussed in https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-11-10-and-homebrew.539492/page-2 . Alternatively, you can use the offline oot3dhax installer discussed in that thread. Either way, you'll want the o3ds payload for 11.10-E, since that's when the E-region payload changed. (It should be on the 3ds homebrew discord if nowhere else.)

Stuarty27

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much! I followed the picchax guide and sure enough I’m onto the home brew scene once again! I genuinely can’t thank you enough :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...