OoT3Dhax Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Shiiouri, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Shiiouri
    OP

Shiiouri Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    United States
    So I got my Nintendo Selects: OoT3D today, and installed OoT3Dhax, can I play the 2nd file of the game that says ''file 2" or not.?
    If not after I installed Creating an EmuNAND and Installing CFW, Unlink NAND, and Updating emuNAND for my 3DS, then do I have to uninstall OoT3DHax, if I want to play OoT3D.?

2. victorheld

victorheld Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    You can play OoT3d just fine on 'file 2'

3. Shiiouri
    OP

Shiiouri Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    United States
    But when i make another file for file 2 just to play OoT for the first time when creating the name, I got an error for it.!

Last edited by Shiiouri, Mar 13, 2016
  4. Classicgamer

Classicgamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2012
    United States
    So....set up a downgrade, install cfw, dump your game into a cia and play it that way.

5. Shiiouri
    OP

Shiiouri Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    United States
    But I already did a downgrade 9.2 for my Old 3DS

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    generally, with early oothax versions, there was just enough room for one more game, but i think at this point, thats all taken up so no, you cant play oot as long as you need to use oothax

its surprising actually that it works on th selections version, since there've been reports that oothax had been fixed in some later oot games.

but anyway. if you want to play oot and keep hax as a backup, get cfw and just dump the game or get a cia of it. if you dont need hax anymore, delete it and play game like normal

7. Shiiouri
    OP

Shiiouri Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    United States
    Hmm, ok makes sense once I get an "Creating an EmuNAND and Installing CFW, Unlink NAND, and Updating emuNAND" for my 3DS for the CIA or dump the game(if svdt counts.??)

8. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Are you copy and patching? :P

And if you mean dump the save, then yes. SVDT counts. If you mean dumping the whole game, then no SVDT doesn't count as it's only a save manager.

9. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    tbh, once you're through with cfw installation, its much easier to just look for someone elses oot.cia
    dumping and converting to cia is kind of a hassle still

10. Shiiouri
    OP

Shiiouri Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    United States
    I see, then. I'll keep this in mind for OoT3D CIA