OoT3D Import to Australia

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Dylaan, Jun 22, 2011.

Jun 22, 2011

OoT3D Import to Australia by Dylaan at 8:46 AM (1,591 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Dylaan
    OP

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    So like a few others on here for some reason (impatience) I decided to grab LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D from OzGameShop.com
    It hasn't arrived yet. Not that it should have, but I noticed a few other members have their copy already. (I'm referring to other Aussies)

Question: Who lives in Australia and already has their copy? Did you purchase from the same place I did? [​IMG]

Also, if this belongs in blogs just let me know.

2. boof222

Member boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I also purchased mine from OZGS and it should be here by the end of this week.

It may take longer though. Remember that there have been some flight disruptions due to volcanic ash.

3. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I haven't bought anything from ozgameshop.com but I do like the look of their prices. I'll be interested to hear about your experiences with them.

4. leeday100196

Member leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernape™

Australia
    2 things:
    1) Some of the guys on here that DIDN'T order from an Aussie online retailer, they have other-region DS's. That is to say, they have, say, American or Japanese DS's. Thus why they have their copies, as they ordered IT overseas as well.
    2) If the mods want to move this to the blogs, they will, and generally they WON'T notify you.

5. Dylaan
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for the tip about the mods, however as far as I can tell, OzGameShop.com is a UK retailer. Not quite sure if that affects your point or not.

6. leeday100196

Member leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernape™

Australia
    Sorry, thanks for that. I assumed since it was called OzGameShop that they were an Australian business. Doesn't really matter though, I guess, since they still ship worldwide.

7. supergrump12

Newcomer supergrump12 Newbie

Australia
  8. ieatpixels

Member ieatpixels GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I ordered a copy from a New Zealand website, they said it'd be posted on the 13th but I still haven't gotten it and they've said they had some problems with the order and it'll be shipped after the weekend so I canceled the order.

Yesterday when I checked the eShop there were 2 reviews of OoT, so yeah looks like some Aussie users have the game but not many.

9. boof222

Member boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Well, mine came in the mail yesterday [​IMG]

Dylaan, have you gotten yours yet?

10. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    EB games don;t get theirs in until Thursday.

11. badpaladin

Newcomer badpaladin Newbie

Australia
    Picked up a copy from Gametraders @ Highpoint City (melbourne) last night whilst shopping. I saw and brought instantly.
    Tried registering it on club nintendo however, and it says the code I have entered is expired. Will try again after it's release on june 30th

12. ryohki

Member ryohki GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I did hear that some EB Games stores were already selling..

13. supergrump12

Newcomer supergrump12 Newbie

Australia
    Just an update to all in Australia Ebgames are selling Zelda 3ds early. There not allowed to put it on display until Thursday but if you ask they will sell it to you.

I managed to get a copy of the limited ocarina edition (I had no Pre-order) today Knox City VIC.

Had something to do with gametraders importing UK versions of the game and selling them early well thats what I was told by the Waverly Gardens Eb Store on Friday.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/gametrade...-of-time-early/

14. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    I ordered my copy from Ozgameshop and it hasn't arrived yet. I'm expecting it Wednesday or Thursday. Their orders normally take 12 days to reach me in Brisbane [​IMG]

What makes it worse is now that the release date is broken in Australia I can buy a local copy right now...

15. johnny1233465487

Member johnny1233465487 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Ordered from OZGS. Came on tuesday [​IMG] LOL. early as i know, lucky me !

16. Dylaan
    OP

Australia
    I caved and bought a local copy at Dick Smiths. ($47) Called the nearest EB Games and they told me I'd 'heard wrong'. The manager of the next EB Games I called was 'hush hush' about it as if he thought he was doing me a favour, but refused to price match. Felt sorry for the guy though...

Hey Opium has your copy arrived yet? I guess I'll have to flog mine on eBay or something.

EDIT: Import copy arrived today. FML.