Gaming OoT3D Import to Australia

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So like a few others on here for some reason (impatience) I decided to grab LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D from OzGameShop.com
It hasn't arrived yet. Not that it should have, but I noticed a few other members have their copy already. (I'm referring to other Aussies)

Question: Who lives in Australia and already has their copy? Did you purchase from the same place I did?
closedeyes.gif

Also, if this belongs in blogs just let me know.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also purchased mine from OZGS and it should be here by the end of this week.

It may take longer though. Remember that there have been some flight disruptions due to volcanic ash.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't bought anything from ozgameshop.com but I do like the look of their prices. I'll be interested to hear about your experiences with them.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2 things:
1) Some of the guys on here that DIDN'T order from an Aussie online retailer, they have other-region DS's. That is to say, they have, say, American or Japanese DS's. Thus why they have their copies, as they ordered IT overseas as well.
2) If the mods want to move this to the blogs, they will, and generally they WON'T notify you.

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
leeday100196 said:
2 things:
1) Some of the guys on here that DIDN'T order from an Aussie online retailer, they have other-region DS's. That is to say, they have, say, American or Japanese DS's. Thus why they have their copies, as they ordered IT overseas as well.
2) If the mods want to move this to the blogs, they will, and generally they WON'T notify you.
Thanks for the tip about the mods, however as far as I can tell, OzGameShop.com is a UK retailer. Not quite sure if that affects your point or not.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dylaan said:
leeday100196 said:
2 things:
Thanks for the tip about the mods, however as far as I can tell, OzGameShop.com is a UK retailer. Not quite sure if that affects your point or not.
Sorry, thanks for that. I assumed since it was called OzGameShop that they were an Australian business. Doesn't really matter though, I guess, since they still ship worldwide.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered a copy from a New Zealand website, they said it'd be posted on the 13th but I still haven't gotten it and they've said they had some problems with the order and it'll be shipped after the weekend so I canceled the order.

Yesterday when I checked the eShop there were 2 reviews of OoT, so yeah looks like some Aussie users have the game but not many.

badpaladin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Picked up a copy from Gametraders @ Highpoint City (melbourne) last night whilst shopping. I saw and brought instantly.
Tried registering it on club nintendo however, and it says the code I have entered is expired. Will try again after it's release on june 30th

supergrump12

Trophies
XP
Country
Just an update to all in Australia Ebgames are selling Zelda 3ds early. There not allowed to put it on display until Thursday but if you ask they will sell it to you.

I managed to get a copy of the limited ocarina edition (I had no Pre-order) today Knox City VIC.

Had something to do with gametraders importing UK versions of the game and selling them early well thats what I was told by the Waverly Gardens Eb Store on Friday.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/gametrade...-of-time-early/

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I ordered my copy from Ozgameshop and it hasn't arrived yet. I'm expecting it Wednesday or Thursday. Their orders normally take 12 days to reach me in Brisbane
frown.gif

What makes it worse is now that the release date is broken in Australia I can buy a local copy right now...

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I caved and bought a local copy at Dick Smiths. ($47) Called the nearest EB Games and they told me I'd 'heard wrong'. The manager of the next EB Games I called was 'hush hush' about it as if he thought he was doing me a favour, but refused to price match. Felt sorry for the guy though...

Hey Opium has your copy arrived yet? I guess I'll have to flog mine on eBay or something.

EDIT: Import copy arrived today. FML.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it