• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 9,178
  • Replies 28
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello Gbatemp:
I have been working on my first romhack!
I have maded a (useless) romhack of OoT3D (Ocarina of Time 3D) that is called OoH3D (Ocarina of Hax 3D)
For now, I have only changed "Ocarina of Time" to "Ocarina of Hax" in all dialogs for english and spanish language, nothing useful.
How to change text:
1-Dump game with Braindump
2-Extract romfs with PackHack
3-Navegate to the directory "romfs\message\eu" Note: In my case it is EU but it could be US or JP
-Open the file named eu.qm, us.qm, jp.qm or simply yourregion.qm
5-Edit it with HxD using the ASCII Tab
6-Build romfs with PackHack
7-Put it in the hans directory. Very Important: Rename it to OoT3D.romfs!!
-Run it!
How to replace audio: (by elianis88)
To begin with, download YATA + (Yet Another Theme Application).
Once you have it, double click on the bcstm sound you want to edit. (For exemple, in majora's mask, the sound folder is in /romfs/sound/streaming/Stream).
So, once you have click, choose to open it with YATA +, there will be a small window. choose "Convert from CWAV/BCSTM/BRSTM (Vgmstream) to WAV. Don't click on "play the file", you won't hear anything.
Once you have the WAV file, you can listen and enjoy the music of the game.

After, if you want to change this music, remenber the initial name of the BGM file. For exemple, "024NA_BGM_FILE_SELECT.dspadpcm.bcstm" is the file select menu. So, if you want to hear an other music when loading your files, choose a WAV of this music, and go in YATA +=>Edit=>BGM Converters=>WAV to BCSTM.
Once you have the Bcstm file, copy and past the name of the initial bcstm file, and copyyour new bcstm in the sound folder. Enjoy!
I maked a loader for the Europe version of the game. You can download it HERE
To Do list:
- Make more text edits
- Find and decrypt game images (Requested by ShadowOne333)
Due to the useless of the game, I think I will not release it. If you want it, just request it!

Last edited by ,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It would be cool if someone was able to put back the half-moon symbols for the Mirror Shield, blocks and flags back. :)
And also if someone could add the red blood back for Ganondorf. :D

I always like the half-moon symbol more than the weird diamond-like shape.

Oh and the Fire Temple chanting... That would be a bonus. :P

D

Deleted User

OP
It would be cool if someone was able to put back the half-moon symbols for the Mirror Shield, blocks and flags back. :)
And also if someone could add the red blood back for Ganondorf. :D

I always like the half-moon symbol more than the weird diamond-like shape.

Oh and the Fire Temple chanting... That would be a bonus. :P
Why don't you try to decrypt images?
You have nothing to lose...(excluding time):D

Last edited by ,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why don't you try to decrypt images?
You have nothing to lose...(excluding time)
That's what I don't have haha :P
But I'll try peeking at it, I already have a OoT ROM decrypted, will try looking for the textures.
Do you by any chance know what extension/folder they have/are in?

D

Deleted User

OP
That's what I don't have haha :P
But I'll try peeking at it, I already have a OoT ROM decrypted, will try looking for the textures.
Do you by any chance know what extension/folder they have/are in?
They're probably in misc,
Menu images should be in menu folder:ha:
And I think the actor images are in the actor folder...
What do you think?

Last edited by ,

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i do see the misc folder but I don't have a way to visualize the textures. :P
Any idea as to how to see them?

They are .zarc files in I believe the actor folder that contain .cmab models, but for right no one has made a tool to edit them. Majoras Mask is similar but uses .garc instead. (Might have that backwards but going from memory). I know there is a model viewer and garc unpacker out there somewhere, but no way to get just the textures or replace them that I know of.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They are .zarc files in I believe the actor folder that contain .cmab models, but for right no one has made a tool to edit them. Majoras Mask is similar but uses .garc instead. (Might have that backwards but going from memory). I know there is a model viewer and garc unpacker out there somewhere, but no way to get just the textures or replace them that I know of.
Damn that's too bad.
I would have loved to see the so called Islamic symbol back in there for the remake.

Oh well, perhaps with time. :P

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that's too bad.
I would have loved to see the so called Islamic symbol back in there for the remake.

Oh well, perhaps with time. :P

If I knew anything about writing programs I'd be on it in a heartbeat, but I wasted all my free years and now I'm old and dumb. Maybe I'll contact whoever made the original tools and see about getting at least texture import. (Or maybe a plugin for EFE? That program seems to have potential but its still rather limited )

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are .zarc files in I believe the actor folder that contain .cmab models, but for right no one has made a tool to edit them.
This in itself is completely wrong. '.cmab' files are in no way related to textures. They are Citrus Material Animation Binary files, which go along side '.csab' which are Citrus Skeletal Animation Binaries. If you want to find the textures, you can dump the '.cmb' model files into a Collada '.dae' format using NDSCmbViewer. Then, not only will the models be in a more common format, but the textures will be ripped as well. (I've been looking into it, but so far, none of the tools have been updated to allow reimporting at this point in time)

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This in itself is completely wrong. '.cmab' files are in no way related to textures. They are Citrus Material Animation Binary files, which go along side '.csab' which are Citrus Skeletal Animation Binaries. If you want to find the textures, you can dump the '.cmb' model files into a Collada '.dae' format using NDSCmbViewer. Then, not only will the models be in a more common format, but the textures will be ripped as well. (I've been looking into it, but so far, none of the tools have been updated to allow reimporting at this point in time)

Ah sorry I was just going on memory as I wasn't at my computer. I meant the cmb files, not cmab, my bad.

Edit: And regardless the point remains there is not currently a way to put the textures back into the game.

Last edited by LoganK93,

Elianis88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How to replace audio: (by eleanis88)
To begin with, download YATA + (Yet Another Theme Application).
Once you have it, double click on the bcstm sound you want to edit. (For exemple, in majora's mask, the sound folder is in /romfs/sound/streaming/Stream).
So, once you have click, choose to open it with YATA +, there will be a small window. choose "Convert from CWAV/BCSTM/BRSTM (Vgmstream) to WAV. Don't click on "play the file", you won't hear anything.
Once you have the WAV file, you can listen and enjoy the music of the game.

I'ts Elianis88

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination