Only using SYSNAND? how long? and are you banned yet?

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've had my switch modded for a while now, I got rid of EMUNAND a while back cause I felt it took up unnecessary space, I don't play illegal copies of games, or cheat in online games [besides save editing in Pokemon and using sys_botbase in animal crossing lol] and I'm still kicking! No bans or anything, still connecting to Nintendo servers and using e-shop like a boss!

So I'm curious, anyone else here being risky and running just SYSNAND? If so how long? and Have you got banned yet? if so why do you think you got banned? and if you're not banned why do you think it has not happen yet?

Just curious what peoples opinions are on this! And maybe you are too!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've thought about it but I am a dirty pirate and don't want to risk getting banned. So I have a separate SD card with all of my pirated goods and homebrew on it.

CloudMcFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Slightly more than a year using atmosphere without emunand, that's how I started using it in the first place anyway, and I haven't been banned.

The reason I use Atmosphere is just to get better performance with sys-clk in Paladins because this game crashes a lot, it still crashes a lot but has a more stable framerate now lol, same with Fortnite except it doesn't crash.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've thought about it but I am a dirty pirate and don't want to risk getting banned. So I have a separate SD card with all of my pirated goods and homebrew on it.
Understandable, I usually wait to the end of a consoles lifespan before I go all out pirate on it lol! Tho even with a seperate SD card, if that console gets banned, it does not matter if you have a clean sd card to pop in! lol

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Understandable, I usually wait to the end of a consoles lifespan before I go all out pirate on it lol! Tho even with a seperate SD card, if that console gets banned, it does not matter if you have a clean sd card to pop in! lol
I was doing that with the Switch until I ended up in debt and realized that my means of relaxing wasn't affordable anymore. I still buy games but there are so many games coming out before I can afford to get one, that I end up backlogged.

jkelvin92

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got my switch banned due to auto updates in the early's 1.0...would do anything to get it unbanned :(
at least I enjoy full hack haha.
Edit: I know there are ways to play online even on banned consoles but I'm those who like to have everything 100% and this kinda nags me XD

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my switch banned due to auto updates in the early's 1.0...would do anything to get it unbanned :(
Edit: I know there are ways to play online even on banned consoles but I'm those who like to have everything 100% and this kinda nags me XD
Auto updates got me once, but I never got banned. Weird.

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know you can buy a new switch, right? they don't ban your Nintendo account unless you did something seriously wrong, most times it's just that one device is banned, and your Nintendo account is fine.

When I was first hunting down a moddable switch, I bought a banned one [the guy did not list that it was a banned console on e-bay] and I did not check when I got it, and linked my account I used on my stock switch lite to it, it just told me I could not do junk when I tried to use e-shop and junk, So I re-sold that banned console back on ebay, Re-linked my account back to my original stock switch lite, and my account worked fine again. then when I finally found and got a low SN 1st gen switch I linked that same account to it and made it the main console. Both my switch lite [I gave to my nephew and his account works fine on it still] and the New OG Switch still function, and are not banned after linking that account to a banned console.

Who knows, maybe it all depends on how "bad" they broke the rules to get banned in the first place. Or maybe Nintendo could tell that my account had nothing to do with the original account that had that paticular console before me and it didn't stick when I re-linked to a new one.

Last edited by JayBae,
Reactions: ELY_M

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Back in 2017 I started using homebrew, not long after I flew the black flag. IIRC I was banned before I ever even heard of emuNAND, either that or I only had a 32GB microSD at the time anyway, so there was never actually a point for me to make one. I never play online because my Internet service is awful so the only difference from my being banned is that I can't buy games on the eShop... so kudos to Nintendo for promoting and incentivizing piracy.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i installed a lot games and downloaded updates for everything.
emummc was not a thing at that time or was just up and coming.
never got banned.

then i failed to install the dlc code for a japanese game.
i got angry :) and downloaded the nsp of the dlc
soon there after i got banned.
but that's not a problem.
i don't play online.
i got a switch lite and download all updates there then update the other switch locally
i buy all games i play, eshop games usually only come from kickstarter
i got lot's of physicals, and i install most of them to my sd card.

Chicken0895

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Atmosphere for years, since before EMUAND's were a thing for Switches. I don't pirate games or go online while in CFW, and never had a problem until today. Now I'm getting the error message don't know why.

I called Nintendo Support said it doesn't even have to be something you did. It could be something the guy who owned your switch six months ago did before you bought it from him. There is no justice in this at all.

Also, ironically, they've made it impossible for me to do games legitimately when their goal is to force legitimacy.

Last edited by Chicken0895,
Reactions: ELY_M and Takokeshi

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both of my switches use cfw on sysnand sind pritty much the second release of sxos, so a few years already. Autorcm is enabled, and I don't remember the last time I bootet stock.
At some point I started to move mainly to atmosphere (around 9.x when using xcis online became impossible on sxos).
I only have one setup I use an emunand on, and that's with my modified atmosphere version, that forces the switch in dev mode, so I can boot an edev emunand, to experiment with it and leaks of dev builds of games.

I also helped a few friends to mod their switches over the years, all sysnand no piracy, no one banned yet.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use sysnand exclusively since first hacked in 2018 and haven’t get banned at all, however I only had in game ban - SSBU due to edited save in 2018 - it was slightly more than 3 years ago. I use CFW for JKSV, Retroarch and cheat, that all.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use SysNand and have no idea if I'm banned, but don't care. As far as I'm concerned, if you're modding a console you should be banned. Not because of people using it responsibly, but because of the few who ruin it for everyone. Can't have the nice things without a few runing it for everyone.

Reactions: Takokeshi

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No ban here, I only use emunand, only boots into Sysnand if something crashes, never actually signed into the internet or a Nintendo account on the modded gen 1, I have an oled and animal crossing switch where I have my account and purchased games. I mainly like to try games that are leaked early, and then buy them when they’re released. I’m impatient. But I do buy the games off the eshop later as I like having online features without ban fears.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I've had my switch modded for a while now, I got rid of EMUNAND a while back cause I felt it took up unnecessary space, I don't play illegal copies of games, or cheat in online games [besides save editing in Pokemon and using sys_botbase in animal crossing lol] and I'm still kicking! No bans or anything, still connecting to Nintendo servers and using e-shop like a boss!

So I'm curious, anyone else here being risky and running just SYSNAND? If so how long? and Have you got banned yet? if so why do you think you got banned? and if you're not banned why do you think it has not happen yet?

Just curious what peoples opinions are on this! And maybe you are too!
It doesn't seem like Nintendo are actively banning people, only an unlucky few end up banned. They just do the bare minimum to scare some people away from pirating or cheating online but they seem to have mostly given up the fight. They could still be flagging consoles for a possible ban later on though. As always, if you want to be 100% safe from a ban, emuNAND is the way. sysNAND CFW isn't that risky in itself, the risk is low as long as you are careful not to do anything stupid, but it's still a risk.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, uh no
    Well... Maybe :shy::blush:
    +2
    No Skin Flute Shall Go Unblown :teach:
    +2
    Seamen :D
    +1
    mmmm those scrumptious tadpoles :wub:
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @AncientBoi did your phone autocorrect assholes to tadpoles?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats child abuse
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Could you imagine if these abortion activist said that sperm was a life, and you could not destroy or eat.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Is swallowing considered cannibalism?
    +2
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: by their standards, yes
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got a couple free tickets the Memorial Golf tournament here in Dublin Ohio close to me, and I hate golf, so I asked couple neighbors if they wanted them, and 2 dif neighbors have started a bidding war, they are up to $75 for both so far, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just can't get into golf, boring to me. I'd rather go drown some worms.
    +1
    $75.01 :teach:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Take whatever for them, playing golf is fun.... Watching golf at home is relaxing, watching golf in person? Why ...
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna just give away, but they both started bidding more than other, so ill take it
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like ill have steak on the grille tonight for free.
    +3
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players... +1