Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ouya-onlive.jpg
OnLIVE + Ouya = WIN! Need I say more?

Sauce! : http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1Aq0zy/onlivefans.com/news/2012/07/27/onlive-is-coming-to-ouya/

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It would obviously already be on there, but I didn't expect Onlive to create an app specifically for the Ouya. (At least, that's what the screenshots look like) It's pretty cool nonetheless, I definitely want to buy one.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
support for this little console is building up impressively, while I don't expect it to sell like any of the big 3 I would like to see a success story here

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it is easy to program for and makes things on.

Not to mention the numerous shovelware people buy and play and such.

Onlive might spruce things up.

Will check this out a year from now.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'd still go with the dedicated OnLive console honestly.

I think that the Micro Console needs a price drop from $99.99 to $59.99. Let's be honest. Who is going to buy a MC at 99 when the can get a Ouya with more features and larger game library at the same price. As for people throwing the stream quality argument, I doubt this app will be a copy/paste of the mobile Android app. What Onlive needs to do is bring out those WiiU features they talked abou two years ago and couple that with the Ouya.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not that familiar with onlive. from wikipedia, I gather onlive is a cloud based gaming platform with a pretty fucking sweet gaming library.

Does this mean this we will be able to play games like borderlands or saints row the third on a ouya?

If so, it'd be very sweet. But I've still got some criticism (onlive isn't available everywhere yet, there's that microcontroller thing that may pretty much double the price of the ouya, and especially...how well will a below 100 buck-console be able to stream those high-demanding games? :unsure:

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not that familiar with onlive. from wikipedia, I gather onlive is a cloud based gaming platform with a pretty fucking sweet gaming library.

Does this mean this we will be able to play games like borderlands or saints row the third on a ouya?

If so, it'd be very sweet. But I've still got some criticism (onlive isn't available everywhere yet, there's that microcontroller thing that may pretty much double the price of the ouya, and especially...how well will a below 100 buck-console be able to stream those high-demanding games? :unsure:
Yes, the idea is you can play a huge library of games, provided you have a decent internet connection. The actual computer (or in this case the Ouya) isn't too important, it's the connection that matters. Essentially all you're doing is streaming a video feed and sending back controller inputs (obviously with as little lag as possible, hence the need for fast internet connection). The actual game is being played on the OnLive servers, not on the local device. OnLive already works with low-ish spec computers and tablets provided there's a decent connection.

(Just so you know, you can either purchase individual games, granting you access to that game as long as OnLive host it on their servers, or else you can get a subscription which allows you to play almost all games as much as you want for a monthly fee. Or you can rent individual games for certain periods [a day, a week etc.])

EDIT: Also, I think the Ouya is getting it's own controller, which will probably be cheaper and will definitely work with OnLIve (the Ouya version at least, if not the regular version)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think that the Micro Console needs a price drop from $99.99 to $59.99. Let's be honest. Who is going to buy a MC at 99 when the can get a Ouya with more features and larger game library at the same price. As for people throwing the stream quality argument, I doubt this app will be a copy/paste of the mobile Android app. What Onlive needs to do is bring out those WiiU features they talked abou two years ago and couple that with the Ouya.

I though the Microconsole came with a free game of your choice as well? I mean that's upwards of a $50 bonus right there. Although you need another $50 for the controller last time I checked...

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit. I'm going to back this shit on kickstarter now. I mean, I was already going to make an account for my Xperia Play (even though the damn app refuses to connect :glare:) but with Ouya doing this too it might just be my main console next gen :P

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

hmph, onlive. i'll stick with a high-end pc, thank you very much.

i suppose this makes the ouya a more attractive device for those who like onlive, though.

Reactions: 1 person

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I though the Microconsole came with a free game of your choice as well? I mean that's upwards of a $50 bonus right there. Although you need another $50 for the controller last time I checked...

Micro Console pre order bonuses are few and far between. Right now, if you pre order Darksiders 2 (59.99) you get the game, all of the DLC and the Micro Console with a MC only Controller included (with the MC, Power, Ethernet and HDMi cable). Note that the controller that comes standard with the Micro Console is NOT the same as the Onlive Universal Controller which works on PC, Mac, Android AND the MC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0