The Toker
OP
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Okay guys, heres the situation.

48 hours ago I was playing online on my PSP just fine.

Now when I try to play online, it wont let me unless I update. Tried a few different games to no avail. Cant even get into the Playstation Store anymore.

Is this the end? If so, lets hope the Gen team release a new CFW soon.

Please try your PSP and leave a comment. I want to know if its just me.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on 5.50 GEN-B2 and i can't get to the PSN Store either. (only can get to PSN Store if I am not signed in)

ConJ

The Toker
OP
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Hmmm, just tried it again. No luck. Im also on 5.50 Gen-B2.

I get this message, like I used to get with the M33 firmware - A system software update for the PSP system is required. For update methods, refer to the instructions for the PSP system.

Loks like its finally been blocked.
frown.gif

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's only as "blocked" as the earlier official firmware versions before 6.10. The buzz around this makes it seem like they specifically targeted non-official firmware versions, which isn't true. I can see the non-piracy-related reason for this, being that there are more and more downloads becoming available, and checking that the person has a specific firmware every time a download is going to start or is requested will be a lot more work than is necessary.

That being said, they're cutting themselves out of some business with this method. They should say something like "Firmware X.XX is reccomended before going on PSN" and giving the option of upgrading, as opposed to forcing it on the populace. If / when people get downloads that they can't play due to early firmware, they can get the FW upgrade then.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes. PSN and Online play aren't working anymore with 5.50GEN, but Team GEN is already working on it.

If you want to download/buy PSN content just use MediaGo with version.txt of 6.10 firmware, it will work fine!

Code:
release:6.10:
build:3062,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6
system:50781@release_610,0x05050010:
vsh:p6399@release_610,v50953@release_610,20090415:
target:1:WorldWide

ConJ

The Toker
OP
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Yuan said:
Yes. PSN and Online play aren't working anymore with 5.50GEN, but Team GEN is already working on it.

If you want to download/buy PSN content just use MediaGo with version.txt of 6.10 firmware, it will work fine!

Code:
release:6.10:
build:3062,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6
system:50781@release_610,0x05050010:
vsh:p6399@release_610,v50953@release_610,20090415:
target:1:WorldWide

Sounds good. Will this work with online play?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xist said:
No...and now everyone should go back to M33 too....

Why? Team GEN is working on a fix, it should be released soon. M33 PSN's is not working for a long time and Dark_Alex doesn't care.

Just to gain a little more speed on memory stick read speed?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, Sony acts like no PSN Store=Death for us >_>. We are friggin pirates, why the heck would we even need PSN anyway. And seeing as a decent number of CFW users have a GO (Including me), its not that much of a biggie.

And as far as online goes, you can always use Adhoc Party or XLink Kai

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Meh, Sony acts like no PSN Store=Death for us >_>. We are friggin pirates, why the heck would we even need PSN anyway. And seeing as a decent number of CFW users have a GO (Including me), its not that much of a biggie.

not all of us have a Fuckin X-Link Kai.. or a PS3 for "adhoc party" last time I checked..they are not cheap!!

the online was a big one for me....for combat ops...but fukk...every goddamn user cheats almost...thats why I quit it anyway..and now i'm started to see CW Cheats for MotorStorm....i mean...what's the fuckin fun in cheating!?...your a fucking noob so much because you suck so bad you can't win NORMALLY.

btw....its not "dead" its just "flatlined" for now...lets hope it doesn't die!!
ohmy.gif

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
dgwillia said:

not all of us have a Fuckin X-Link Kai.. or a PS3 for "adhoc party" last time I checked..they are not cheap!!

the online was a big one for me....for combat ops...but fukk...every goddamn user cheats almost...thats why I quit it anyway..and now i'm started to see CW Cheats for MotorStorm....i mean...what's the fuckin fun in cheating!?...your a fucking noob so much because you suck so bad you can't win NORMALLY.

btw....its not "dead" its just "flatlined" for now...lets hope it doesn't die!!
ohmy.gif
Ad-hoc play is free and doesnt cost u any other hardware but your psp, pc and kai xlink look it up dear idiot

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typical Sony. Guess the only option is to wait for the awesome GEN team to make an update.

And for the poster above that said, "we should go back to m33", screw that. The latest M33 has no access to the store at alllll. Why would anyone be stupid enough to do that? Games don't work, PSS doesn't work. It would get annoying having to decrypt every single freaking game if I was still on M33. Get GEN.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Err...you have to decrypt the games for GEN??? Don't know how you missed that...plus in your own slightly modified words... "The latest GEN has no access to the store at alllll."

Why would someone be stupid enough to run 5.00M33-6? Perhaps because they actually want a firmware that was made by someone who knew exactly what they were doing, rather than one made by cobbling bits together frankenstein style. I know that you're relatively new to the PSP but your arguments for not using M33 don't add up......GEN can't get on the PSN either(even though you don't even need to go on the PSN via your PSP) nor can it run undecrypted games. The only thing you appear to be hoping for is multiplayer gaming once more (which i have no interest in)

GEN team are nowhere near on par with DAX....all they've done is modify the M33 work that DAX had done in the past. All those waiting for some amazing firmware from GEN better have some kind of amazing breath holding skills....one of the staff on DAX's forums even showed how the hasty patching of GEN B firmware meant that it doesn't even uninstall correctly!

You've haven't even been around the PSP CFW "scene" for a year Brian...rather than criticise someone who has why not just hold the adjectives. Why do you think we've had all these patching/decrypting apps and bug fixes if GEN are really so great and Dax is such a loser? GEN are probably doing some fast learning about making CFW, and personally that's not the sort of firmware i'd want on my PSP.

I have no doubt that some form of patch/update will allow PSN access again, but putting your hopes in GEN is in my opinion as stupid as you think it is sticking with M33.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
GEN, simply put, is a crap firmware.

If it weren't for the former PSS access I'd have never upgraded to this sorry excuse of a firmware. Now, well, it's back to M33. Both fail, but they can play decrypted games, so...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GEN team of developers are study and working on it right now from what I read about their site. Be patience and stop negative about the GEN team, alright ? Jeez!

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
*snipflamingpost

You got things way too mixed up. And why are you changing my words saying that I meant to call DAX a loser? In no way was I going along those lines. DAX seems simply out of the scene, and will PROBABLY stay that way.

Don't be flaming me just because I haven't been in the scene for more than a year. That doesn't mean anything in terms of knowing about the firmwares and updates. And it's just really funny how you assume my post is trying to start an argument, and criticizing. It's simply my thoughts on Sony blocking the PSS and how we should wait for GEN to do an update. Get it straight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!