Homebrew Question ONLINE with Atmosphere

username23bob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the one thing I keep reading is "pirated nsp". Is that strictly pirated games or does that include any xci/nsp made from your own backup? I'm still relatively new to the Switch scene since downloading yuzu, so forgive me if this is rehashed.

This is what I am trying to acheive:

- I want to play online fully, not just LAN play, with my legit Nintendo ID.
- I want to backup my physical game cartridges onto one large SD card so I stop losing cartridges from my overstuffed game case
- I wouldn't mind emulation and homebrew, but it's not necessary.
- maybe a system overclock to help Age of Calamity run better, but once again not necessary.
- I will not be making any other modifications to save files or modding games.

Would this at all be possible without risking being banned? What would be the safest way to do this?
- online, yes
- not sure how playing nsps would affect your standings but personally i stay away from that
- emulation is totally fine.
- overclocking is fine

Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
- online, yes
- not sure how playing nsps would affect your standings but personally i stay away from that
- emulation is totally fine.
- overclocking is fine
As long as you don't have nsps installed, the chances of getting banned a slim. Also if you cheat during online play, BAN more or less instantly in some games.

Eevenin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to install a custom theme on sysNAND CFW (to differentiate between emuNAND and Stock), it would be through NX-themes via title takeover, right? Is title takeover safe for things like Retroarch and roms as long as no forwarders are used? None of that will get Nintendo looking at me funny?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the one thing I keep reading is "pirated nsp". Is that strictly pirated games or does that include any xci/nsp made from your own backup? I'm still relatively new to the Switch scene since downloading yuzu, so forgive me if this is rehashed.

This is what I am trying to acheive:

- I want to play online fully, not just LAN play, with my legit Nintendo ID.
- I want to backup my physical game cartridges onto one large SD card so I stop losing cartridges from my overstuffed game case
- I wouldn't mind emulation and homebrew, but it's not necessary.
- maybe a system overclock to help Age of Calamity run better, but once again not necessary.
- I will not be making any other modifications to save files or modding games.

Would this at all be possible without risking being banned? What would be the safest way to do this?
by pirated nsp i mean anything thats not a legit cartridge or a downloaded games from official eshop.

- easy, setup hekate to have 3 boot settings. stock ofw(stock ofw), syscfw(stock ofw with cfw layered on top, can go online), and emunand (seperated nand on sd for pirated stuff OFFLINE.)
- you cant backup and install legit bought games and go online, thats a ban, you can do that in emunand with incognito but you wont be able to go online but will be safe from a ban.
- create a emunand for sketchy homebrew, cheats and pirated nsps.
- can do this on both nands no issue
- you can do it all you want safely in your emunand, 0 risk.

the only sure fire way to have 0 risk of a ban is to only boot to stock for legit games, and emunand for everything else.
syscfw has risks, if you only do save editing youll be fine 99% of the time. its mainly pirated nsps, cheating in competetive games or being reported that gets you banned. so just be smart about it if you choose to boot into sysnand cfw

username23bob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to install a custom theme on sysNAND CFW (to differentiate between emuNAND and Stock), it would be through NX-themes via title takeover, right? Is title takeover safe for things like Retroarch and roms as long as no forwarders are used? None of that will get Nintendo looking at me funny?
yes both of these are fine

username23bob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also to touch on mods a bit, as stated. you should avoid using mods online. however, for smash ult., i play with mods everyday. they are only cosmetic changes though. save editing is fine on animal crossing, i literally have like 50 million and tons of items.

pretty much if you get banned, its most likely from doing you knew you probably shouldn't do lol i for sure thought i would be banned as i accidently tried to install tinfoil on my sysnand (wouldnt install; just blank icon on home screen), but nope! i'm still here 😂

Eevenin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes both of these are fine
Thank! If I may follow up, do you know if I am to install mods on one game in emuNAND using LayeredFS and also play an online-version on my sysNAND, do they share setting defaults? Or can I toggle them on and off independently of each other?

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank! If I may follow up, do you know if I am to install mods on one game in emuNAND using LayeredFS and also play an online-version on my sysNAND, do they share setting defaults? Or can I toggle them on and off independently of each other?
you can turn off layeredfs by holding L when launching a game. you will just need to remember to do this for every time you launch a game

Reactions: username23bob

cruxiologi

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I need your suggestions, guys. I have a bricked Switch (damaged emmc, no backup) revived with donor nand & prodinfo. So the only way to boot my switch is through cfw, currently i'm using atmosphere. Is it safe to set up my NSO account on top of atmosphere and download my games through eshop?

I have to admit that currently there are NSP games on it now, some are games I already owned from eshop, some are illegitimate copies. I wouldn't mind removing them if I can get my NSO account running in atmosphere.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need your suggestions, guys. I have a bricked Switch (damaged emmc, no backup) revived with donor nand & prodinfo. So the only way to boot my switch is through cfw, currently i'm using atmosphere. Is it safe to set up my NSO account on top of atmosphere and download my games through eshop?

I have to admit that currently there are NSP games on it now, some are games I already owned from eshop, some are illegitimate copies. I wouldn't mind removing them if I can get my NSO account running in atmosphere.
Installing NSP flags the console for a ban once connected to the internet. Removing them wouldn't change anything

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
also to touch on mods a bit, as stated. you should avoid using mods online. however, for smash ult., i play with mods everyday. they are only cosmetic changes though. save editing is fine on animal crossing, i literally have like 50 million and tons of items.

pretty much if you get banned, its most likely from doing you knew you probably shouldn't do lol i for sure thought i would be banned as i accidently tried to install tinfoil on my sysnand (wouldnt install; just blank icon on home screen), but nope! i'm still here 😂
Curious, would using a blue fire code to beat the time trials in CTR get you banned? Looking to break the dev times and nothing beyond that.

mindovermedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am also constantly online on atmosphere with nsps, updates, mods etc on emunand with a clean sysnand and have not been banned. I think so at least.. I am using 90 dns but question is how do I check if I am banned as 90 dns blocks the connection ton nintendo servers anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol