online way for "local multplayer" ?

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Sliter, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    hello! I'm thinking that some games like mario part does not have online multiplyer, only local .. I'm thinking f its possible in any way to use the computer to emulate the local link, but to link you with one or more friends from another place, doing the same thing...
    it just the idea I got , is this just a far dream? lol

2. madeinair

madeinair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2011
    Nice idea, I've also thought about that, sad thing is you can't even see the wireless connection that the 3DS is making when waiting for players (creating room), if you could see it (might be hidden ssid) maybe you can emulate it somehow, but first step is seeing it.
    Might be a wifi direct hot stop, really tough to know.

3. Jonesyx

Jonesyx Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States

If this was PC you'd be looking for something like Hamachi/Tunngle but for the 3ds it'd probably not work.

4. Drink the Bleach

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    This "idea" is something people have been contemplating for the original DS for 10 years. Anything is possible with the right tools, hacks, and pieces, but right now, augmenting the 3DS or even the DS for that matter are in their infancy, and will likely never truly bloom like the PSP. With as locked down as DS/3DS/Nintendo is, theres just no room, or hasn't been room for those kind of advanced tweeks.

What you want is only possible through PC emulation, and as far as my knowledge go, that hasn't been done yet for DS and arguably GBA, so I can't even begin to imagine how behind 3ds emulation is.

5. Commoner

Commoner GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2013
  6. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    More importantly, when Nintendo servers shut down in May, will there be a way to play on unofficial servers online?