Misc online way for "local multplayer" ?

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello! I'm thinking that some games like mario part does not have online multiplyer, only local .. I'm thinking f its possible in any way to use the computer to emulate the local link, but to link you with one or more friends from another place, doing the same thing...
it just the idea I got , is this just a far dream? lol

madeinair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice idea, I've also thought about that, sad thing is you can't even see the wireless connection that the 3DS is making when waiting for players (creating room), if you could see it (might be hidden ssid) maybe you can emulate it somehow, but first step is seeing it.
Might be a wifi direct hot stop, really tough to know.

Jonesyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello! I'm thinking that some games like mario part does not have online multiplyer, only local .. I'm thinking f its possible in any way to use the computer to emulate the local link, but to link you with one or more friends from another place, doing the same thing...
it just the idea I got , is this just a far dream? lol

If this was PC you'd be looking for something like Hamachi/Tunngle but for the 3ds it'd probably not work.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This "idea" is something people have been contemplating for the original DS for 10 years. Anything is possible with the right tools, hacks, and pieces, but right now, augmenting the 3DS or even the DS for that matter are in their infancy, and will likely never truly bloom like the PSP. With as locked down as DS/3DS/Nintendo is, theres just no room, or hasn't been room for those kind of advanced tweeks.

What you want is only possible through PC emulation, and as far as my knowledge go, that hasn't been done yet for DS and arguably GBA, so I can't even begin to imagine how behind 3ds emulation is.

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo