Hardware One headphone of my headset has no sound

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The last Christmas I got a Tt Esports Shock Spin headset as a present from a relative. It's been working wonderfully up until about a month ago. One day the left headphone stopped making any sound. I've somehow been able to get it to work, but today I tried for hours and hours and didn't get it to work at all.
I've noticed that it might be a weak point in the cable since it tended to work after I twisted a certain point of it but I'm not certain if there can be such a case. If that is the case, would I be able to replace the wire with another? Or could there even be a way to mend the current one?
Otherwise, if that's not the case, I suppose I should try to use my warranty. Sadly, using my warranty abroad can be a real pain (since there's no Amazon in Bulgaria) and add that I've lost the volume control cable (oops:mellow: ).

I will really appreciate all help. :)

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The last Christmas I got a Tt Esports Shock Spin headset as a present from a relative. It's been working wonderfully up until about a month ago. One day the left headphone stopped making any sound. I've somehow been able to get it to work, but today I tried for hours and hours and didn't get it to work at all.
I've noticed that it might be a weak point in the cable since it tended to work after I twisted a certain point of it but I'm not certain if there can be such a case. If that is the case, would I be able to replace the wire with another? Or could there even be a way to mend the current one?
Otherwise, if that's not the case, I suppose I should try to use my warranty. Sadly, using my warranty abroad can be a real pain (since there's no Amazon in Bulgaria) and add that I've lost the volume control cable (oops:mellow: ).

I will really appreciate all help. :)

Might be a windows setting.
Set all audio to ONE speaker in Sound Manager.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before you try and fix it yourself and void the warranty, see if you can get it replaced. I recently had a headset go on me and I got it replaced. Just go to the people who make the headset and see if you can get something worked out.

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely. Usually they'll request you ship them only the item that's damaged. They might not replace it if it's user-damage to the cable, though

Well, I have taken the headset outside for a couple of strolls (don't blame me, it looks too gorgeous not to show it off to everyone), but I think this is non-user damage. If so many people are for warranty, I might as well try to use it.

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've had quite a few headsets get that problem, and they've always gotten replaced by warranty. So I'd get it replaced.

Reactions: ilman

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'll try to replace it tomorrow. It just kills my ears playing Osu! with such a setup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/e7BTm5WxMlw?si=YB0d6BWQ9YsaherL