One headphone of my headset has no sound

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by ilman, Aug 14, 2013.

1. ilman
    OP

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    The last Christmas I got a Tt Esports Shock Spin headset as a present from a relative. It's been working wonderfully up until about a month ago. One day the left headphone stopped making any sound. I've somehow been able to get it to work, but today I tried for hours and hours and didn't get it to work at all.
    I've noticed that it might be a weak point in the cable since it tended to work after I twisted a certain point of it but I'm not certain if there can be such a case. If that is the case, would I be able to replace the wire with another? Or could there even be a way to mend the current one?
    Otherwise, if that's not the case, I suppose I should try to use my warranty. Sadly, using my warranty abroad can be a real pain (since there's no Amazon in Bulgaria) and add that I've lost the volume control cable (oops:mellow: ).

I will really appreciate all help. :)

2. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh

Might be a windows setting.
    Set all audio to ONE speaker in Sound Manager.

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You could replace the wiring, if you have some basic soldering skills. Otherwise it'd just be easier to get a replacement or something.

EDIT: To be honest, it would probably be better to replace the headset instead of fixing the wiring.

4. JustChillin1414

JustChillin1414 <3 Tiny Tina

Mar 27, 2009
    Canada
    BC
    Before you try and fix it yourself and void the warranty, see if you can get it replaced. I recently had a headset go on me and I got it replaced. Just go to the people who make the headset and see if you can get something worked out.

5. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    But will they take it in for warranty without the volume control cable?

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Most likely. Usually they'll request you ship them only the item that's damaged. They might not replace it if it's user-damage to the cable, though

7. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Well, I have taken the headset outside for a couple of strolls (don't blame me, it looks too gorgeous not to show it off to everyone), but I think this is non-user damage. If so many people are for warranty, I might as well try to use it.

8. Par39

Par39 The Life Hacker

Aug 13, 2011
    Finland
    I've had quite a few headsets get that problem, and they've always gotten replaced by warranty. So I'd get it replaced.

ilman likes this.
  9. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Ok, I'll try to replace it tomorrow. It just kills my ears playing Osu! with such a setup.