Hacking On the verge of installing wads...

xboxinoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firstly I have searched the forums and can't really find any clear discussion on this so hopefully nobody will slag this post off for asking something that is answered somewhere... if I have just missed something previously posted re this I apologise.

My question is:-

I'm sitting on 3.1E firmware and have not seen any need to update especially since the second revision of 3.2E came out with the dormant IOS37 issue waiting to close up all our previous trucha fun etc.

For that reason I cannot currently access the shop channel etc etc... not that I really need to other than the fact I wouldn't mind downloading the mii contest channel or whatever it was called that I never previously did.

Anyway... I'm now strongly thinking of taking the plunge into installing wads for VC and Wiiware etc but wonder if, given the fact we are not sure what the future consequences of this will be with future firmware, whether I should let the wii update itself to the latest firmware version first or whether I should just do the wad installs now and leave things at 3.1E?

Part of me is reluctant to install IOS37 in case something in the future triggers off this nintento "virus" and disables my trucha disks but another part of me thinks this may be the last chance to do a firmware update for a while if the next version really does F us all up and activates these things anyway that put a stop to wad installations.

Oh the dilemma's continue...

What are other people doing?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just update your wii and install vc/wiiware titles.

Nintendo can not slip a update un noticed out to trigger IOS37. And when the trigger does finally come you have a option to not install it.

But if you want to install it you can easily uninstall fully the titles using the wad uninstaller.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was also in your situation. I installed the VC games and Wiiware games and was glad i did, now my Wii actually gets used instead of collecting dust. The online for the Wii is a true Disaster in the proper sense of the word, its not even worth using. And there isnt a single game announced that is coming out as of now worth a damn anyway, so really, fire away.

xboxinoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quepaso, are you on 3.1 or did you update first?

And I agree, the future schedule of games looks pretty poor at the moment although I must say I am enjoying the online play of Mario Kart Wii at the moment... which has been one thing that has been delaying me from installing wads.

I assume playing Mario Kart online is still possible after I have taken this step?

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Installing WADs does not affect your ability to play games online. Nobody has (and probably nobody ever will be) been banned by Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1