On the topic of Persona 4 Golden mods + Overclocking questions

Helleonov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey all. Okay, so I guess this post could be separated into two.

First, I have some overclocking questions. I never played around with overclocking in any device so it’s really not something I fully understand. I know the basic idea but it’s still something whose possible cons I don’t know. With that being said, I’d like to use the Persona 4 Golden 1920x1080 patch mod by cuevavirus but the author recommends overclocking in order to get better performance. I read online that the Vita is intentionally underclocked and it would thus not be truly “overclocking’. I also read conflicting comments on whether that can damage the vita or not. So, well, I decided to ask.

- I know the pros, but what really are the cons of overclocking in the vita’s case? I also read something about battery life but I didn’t really understand if it lasts less overall or if it just drains faster.

- To what extent would those cons apply if I was only overclocking while playing a single game (namely P4G)?

- If memory doesn’t fail me, one of the most recent and well-recommended overclocking plugins is PSVshell or something like that. Is it really the best or are there any better ones?

- Do the cons (like, for instance, the battery draining faster) also apply while the vita is in sleep mode? Should I care to turn off overclocking before putting it off to sleep?

- Are there any games that are considered “unplayable” without overclocking? If so, which ones?

The other question would be which (if any) other P4G mods you guys can recommend. I know there’s not a lot but even still it’s kinda hard to find more about the existing ones, the PC mods just about overshadow them all lol

Thanks!

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First of all, hi! n.n

Now, on the matter of "overclocking" the PS Vita: as far as i know, overclocking makes the battery drains faster and you could damage the battery faster than if you don't overclock, but still the battery will die some day. Also, the extra heat generated by this could do some damage to the hardware. But there is no consensus on how much overclocking reduces life span othe console. Still, im cautious with it, because i do not want to short the PS Vita battery life span. The default clock is 333 mhz and the stock max clock is 444 mhz. On most games, you will see a minor improvement at 444. PSVshell its your best option to overclock at 500 mhz. For me, 444 its just fine on most games. I use the resolution mod of P4G with 333 clock speed. And the only real frame drops appear on the all out attack. So because that doesn't bother me, i stick to the default profile. But some others, like my brother, prefer to use 444. It doesn't seem to be anything different, aside for a minimal faster battery drain on my brother's PS Vita.
Of course, if you don't overclock the PS Vita all the time, the effects are minimal than if you do it all the time. I only overclock 3 games: Resident Evil Revelations 2 (God knows that this game need it, just like Borderlands 2), Shingeki no Kyojin 2 (its better that its predecessor but still benefits from it) and the Bully port. That's it. (Some other games need it, like Caligula, but i don't use it, don't know why :P)

As for if overclocking cosumes extra battery while on Sleep mode: to be honest, i don't know. I would say no, i never notice any sudden battery drop,but i never check this, so im not sure.

Deleted member 577889

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a different question.
Is there any music mods for Persona 4 Golden? I really hate the battle theme and would like to change it to something more melodic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1