Hacking On the latest EDGE firmware

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it still prompt you to enable/disable cheats for every game if cheats are enabled?

I'd like to get an EDGE card, but I think I would find this annoying, so if there is no way of disabling this now, I think I'll go for an Acekard 2.

Cheers.

Crowbanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The hell was the point of this topic?
If you made up your mind why'd you write it down? This isn't a diary.
-Cough trying to raise post count cough-

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You absolute donut, Australian retard.

Do you really think I care about post count? I actually like to keep my post count DOWN, whatever forum I go to.

I've already made my mind up if it still prompts you for every game. See if you had more than a handful of braincells to rub together, you would have gathered my question was does the fw STILL ask you every time you load a game? I thought it was pretty clear, obviously not to a retard like you.

Khaos4wood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it matter if it asks you if you want to load cheats, and how is it annoying?

Of course it asks you, otherwise it would have no idea if you wanted cheats or which ones you want. I'm not sure how other cards do it, but the way the EDGE does seems fine to me.

Khaos4wood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it matter if it asks you if you want to load cheats, and how is it annoying?

Of course it asks you, otherwise it would have no idea if you wanted cheats or which ones you want. I'm not sure how other cards do it, but the way the EDGE does seems fine to me.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it still asks you if you want to "Enable Cheats?" when selecting a game, even on the latest firmware. I don't understand why the latest firmware would get rid of such a thing...but, yeah.

As said above, if you wanted it gone, how would the EDGE know if you wanted to play with cheats on that specific game?

As for the time being, just have cheats disabled from now on if you're that paranoid about it.

Also,

*snip

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies. Well basically, on other cards you can select cheats for said game, it remembers it - ie whether cheats are on or off, which cheats are active, and when you start the game it already has this info stored, so no need to ask again.

Honestly I hardly use cheats, but I would have them on for the odd game that needs a cheat to run, as I prefer this method to patches.

But one of the things I like about flash carts compared to retail carts is the speed and convenience, when I click a game I'd like it to start immediately rather than be prompted for cheats.

EDGE seems like a great card, but it's a valid knock on the card. It was one of the only faults in the GBAtemp review too.

Basically with other cards you manually configure cheats and what not on a game specific options page, bypassing the need for it to prompt you each time you run it.

Big Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, all you have to do is go to the options menu, and click disable cheats and the thing won't come up anymore.

When you want to enable cheats, just go to the thing and enable it then when you start a game, you could chose which cheats you want to use. It also saves the options so next time you go there, it'll have the cheats that you selected last on it.

Toxxysko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The OLD R4 had a cheat enable/disable feature that memorized each game it was on/off for, and there was a button you pushed to enter a separate cheat menu.

It's a little bit more convenient, but I can live without it.

EDGE has no such feature, unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up