On 5.5.1 - WiiU gives Systemupdate error

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MartU, Feb 17, 2017.

1. MartU
    OP

MartU Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    Netherlands
    Like title says: I am on 5.5.1 and last night used Haxchi on my DS game.

Playing some games tonight, WiiU in downloads suddenly says: systemupdate error. Is 5.5.2 pushed today?

[​IMG]

2. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Should i even say it at this point?

3. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    it is normal

4. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    No. It means update blocking works.

5. MartU
    OP

MartU Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    Netherlands
    Ok excuses. Was just not popping up before...

6. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Look a million fucking threads exists about this bullshit.
    I've posted in most of them too ffs so I would know.

7. SonicCloud

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    Its because DNS is blocking updates correctly! :)

Subtle Demise likes this.
  8. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    can we get a insta-ban for these 5.5.1 update posts, this is just getting stupid.

9. Shikkichu

Shikkichu Just a Pika Girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Wherever my Pikachu is.
    I feel like there should be a poll for something, and with not ban, just autolock it xmx

Anywho op its been answered, its normal, people are just annoyed because this exact question tends to show up daily

10. MartU
    OP

MartU Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    Netherlands
    Again, sorry. I am not online 24/7 on this website, have been here for short time just bought a WiiU and been reading the tutorial topics.

And I saw someone posting a topic about 'softmod your WiiU now before an update hits', did not see the millions of topics you saw. Whats logical for one, might not be logical for someone else. I am not stupid, nor am I blind, but take into consideration some people have not read what you read.

Mod lock this topic and yes agreed, some autolock for topics like this would be good. Can totally understand it gets annoying to people that are around here a lot.

Subtle Demise and Shikkichu like this.
  11. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I think more of the hate is just people not bothering to look for answers before asking questions, one would assume they are lazy, while each person has their own reason for what they do, others do not know and assume the worst of things.

Simply searching google or any tutorial should explain this reason when blocking nintendo updates.
    Chrome_20170206_214955.png

More of the matter has to do with just the people who already seen this still bother leaving replies but being rude in the process, one can just decide not to respond, or do it normaly and conciderably. But i cannot speak for others, i can speak for myself, topics i don't like to discuss i do not visit or reply to cause i can do that. Is easy for me and less problems. :P

Sorry if you felt any disappointment with your responses to the question and hope you aren't upset. :)

12. Shikkichu

Jan 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Wherever my Pikachu is.
    They should honestly just change it to say "DNS blocking"
    Cause it isn't anywhere close to hacking..

13. steplay29

steplay29 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2009
    belfast
    I know this has been answered loads of times before but he is only asking a question.we all started out by asking questions and if honest how many of us did search the forums for the answer.is say quite a few did not.give him a break.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  14. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2015
    He claims to not be blind or stupid yet this is answered in the stickies. This is precisely why the stickies are there.

I quote:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Like others,reading threads like this just winds me up. It's laziness, there is no excuse for it.

15. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well i don't come up with the name, if i did, it wouldn't be TubeHax or dualhax, It will just be "You are blocking nintendo servers from your system, so no updates can be downloaded." That is all it is. Why they pick names like tubehax or anything with HAX in it beyond my understanding, i guess is the cooler way to say these dumb simple things. HAXCHI, doesn't describe what it is, but is a homebrew loader installed in a NINTENDO DS virtal console game. So why not just call it something relevant to what it actually does.

Dual hax least make some sense cause you are using dns to block 2 servers at the same time so dualhax is kinda okay, but again, calling anything hax is unnecessary. Just call it update blocking or Nintendo blocking.

16. Peniskoker

Peniskoker GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2015
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    -snip-

Last edited by Peniskoker, Feb 17, 2017
  17. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    It is against gbatemp.net rules to post in any language other than English please edit your text immediately into English or you will feel the wrath of the gbatemp.net mods.

18. MartU
    OP

MartU Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    Netherlands
    Now and that user should get banned because its offensive language including the usage of illness. Sad person.

19. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    It's not only that, he's insulting him badly. I know because I know the language a bit. I've been there.

Shikkichu likes this.
  20. Shikkichu

Jan 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Wherever my Pikachu is.
    Translated it (google translate) it sounds like she's insulting him andd all dutch people
    Also looking at thee profile, doesn't take kindly to criticism which is sad, we should all get along