OMG I HATE THIS!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by raam_carmine, Mar 22, 2009.

Mar 22, 2009

OMG I HATE THIS!!! by raam_carmine at 12:39 AM (1,572 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. raam_carmine
    OP

Newcomer raam_carmine Newbie

Australia
    i have been trying to get a DL ssbb iso and i have had no success.

I have wasted all my bandwidth on bad torrents and offline direct links so i finally decided to dump my uncles official ssbb PAL. i used friidump 4.0 with my pioneer 112D. friidump has gotten all the way through 0 - 100% with no errors, its the exact size of a dual layer wii game (it had no name just the extension .iso, so i renamed to ssbbdvd9.iso). it seemed to be perfect.

wiiscrubber gave and error not allowing it to be opened. I went to trucha to see if it would open it, i got error "This is not a wii disk missing 5D1C9EA3 signature". I thought i would try checking it out in a hexeditor. On both UltraEdit and Hex Workshop searched for the string 5D1C9EA3 and i found nothing, but i noticed it was almost all 00 00's.

I need someones help, i have searched about 40000 threads which didnt help.

So much thanks for any useful information from anyone, thanks.

2. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    By the way, I believe there is ONLY 4 LG DVD drives that can rip Wii games. So your pioneer drive is unable to do so. Trust me, just buy the thing, getting SSBB to work on a hardmod or softmod is not even worth it.

3. Frozen_Fish

Member Frozen_Fish GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    If you have the hombrew channel and a Wifi Connection/SD/USB/SD Gecko just use Waninkoko's DVD Dumper to dump the iso, I used it to dump an original PAL SSBB disc over wifi, worked fine for me.

4. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Yeah, I usually pirate games but when it is decent just buy the god damn game, no point going through all that hassle.

5. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    ^

If you're poor from this damn economy, I think pirating games is your only option.

6. gamerjr

Member gamerjr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The game is worth buying :-p trust me i have total (looks at TV) 287 hours of playtime. i think 50$ is worth it

7. King Zargo

Member King Zargo I'm a Star

Netherlands
    Buy the game it will save you time and maybe some money. Dual layers are not cheap.

8. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    this comment made absoulate no sense a dual layer dvd does not cost 50bucks

9. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    I've played SSBB on softmodded wii on a DVD-R. Just get a scrubbed SSBB and it'll fit on your DVD-R.

10. King Zargo

Member King Zargo I'm a Star

Netherlands
    When I was burning SSBB lots of copies failed. In the end I burned it on another computer with a different DVD brand and it worked.

I wasted more than 20 euro on DVD’s trying to burn SSBB. A second hand version of the game costs around 25 euro.

50 Bucks? LOL!!! Make sure you bring your mother along when you go shopping. I’m sure you can find it for 40 bucks if you try.

11. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    This.

Except I did it for my cousin. I own a legit copy of Brawl. See, with all that effort put into burning Brawl, You could've bought one and reduce all the trouble youjust went through.