• Does Smash Bros Count?

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well personal alpha testing has revealed some bcstm files are VERY picky about how how long they are. Ran into a looping error for bgm_sg_title_01.dspadpcm.bcstm because it was just slightly too short.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the segment being looped too short, or is it the entirety of it?
The intro doesn't loop, and because it has to match the video I'm pretty sure it's just because the entire file was too short. It should be fine to have different lengths for other song files but I haven't tested that yet.

Speaking of testing, I guess I'll post what I currently have.
Only 9 songs replaced so far.
Currently known bug is audio popping in the intro. Trying to figure out the cause. All other replaced songs are untested, and I'm unsure of where you find them in the game (except I know the bicycle music was changed).
If anyone knows where the current files play in game I would love to know.
https://mega.nz/#!ENUQXaYC!4Qtc3K4t8dIk1eny_1llmdSJTEFbKVo6WuNwbuKbKlc

Edit: Just to note I bypassed the looping intro music error by inserting silent audio afterward to exactly match the length of the original file.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

TheBroDelta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The intro doesn't loop, and because it has to match the video I'm pretty sure it's just because the entire file was too short. It should be fine to have different lengths for other song files but I haven't tested that yet.

Speaking of testing, I guess I'll post what I currently have.
Only 9 songs replaced so far.
Currently known bug is audio popping in the intro. Trying to figure out the cause. All other replaced songs are untested, and I'm unsure of where you find them in the game (except I know the bicycle music was changed).
If anyone knows where the current files play in game I would love to know.
https://mega.nz/#!ENUQXaYC!4Qtc3K4t8dIk1eny_1llmdSJTEFbKVo6WuNwbuKbKlc

Edit: Just to note I bypassed the looping intro music error by inserting silent audio afterward to exactly match the length of the original file.
https://mega.nz/#!LgYCXAbY!NkJsrSTN4AzO_m8A1xWAsu246VLzbsjzL8Hp7yzDu2c

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my current testing indicates fairly low volume. I've been playing with trying to increase volume, but for some reason any attempt I make with current methods to increase volume start introducing audio pops (which I found to be the cause of popping audio in the intro track). I'll continue looking into it though to see what I can do.
I was also correct about the specific length looping bug being only applicable to certain tracks. Only one I've encountered is the intro, but other tracks that accompany video (like the video directly after fading to white for the first intro) will probably have a similar situation.

Saiklex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for the necro, but this is really cool, just can't figure out where to put the files- I know it's luma/title/[titleID] but where then?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the necro, but this is really cool, just can't figure out where to put the files- I know it's luma/title/[titleID] but where then?
I believe the correct path is luma/titles/[titleID]/romfs/data/sound. Try placing them there, enable "Enable Game Patching" in your Luma settings, and see if it works. If not, I'll find the correct path.

Saiklex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe the correct path is luma/titles/[titleID]/romfs/data/sound. Try placing them there, enable "Enable Game Patching" in your Luma settings, and see if it works. If not, I'll find the correct path.
Tried that with OR and AS, no dice, patching is definitely on though as I've patched other games!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for another necro, but was the looping music project ever finished?
I honestly just kinda forgot about this project. It's a pain making the loops good, and I kept encountering audio problems. Either it was too quiet or would crackle for no good reason when raised to somewhat decent audio levels. I believe I still have the project files somewhere on my laptop, so I may try looking into it again.

Nehpets700

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly just kinda forgot about this project. It's a pain making the loops good, and I kept encountering audio problems. Either it was too quiet or would crackle for no good reason when raised to somewhat decent audio levels. I believe I still have the project files somewhere on my laptop, so I may try looking into it again.
Hmm, that does sound difficult. Well, if you ever do get back to it, I'd be very much interested in using it.

CrazyOrbitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just re-playing Alpha Sapphire for Star Sapphire, and was thinking that this would be a great idea since there isn’t a “GBA Sounds” item like there was in HG/SS. Anyhoo, I don’t want to want to get my hopes up for nothing, but has there been any development since April 3rd? @TheCyberQuake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.