Older 3DS games getting E-Shop releases.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lo.png

A mini Nintendo direct has showed us the following 3DS games getting digital releases from November 1st in Japan.

Super Mario 3D Land – 4,800 yen
Mario Kart 7 – 4,800 yen
Star Fox 64 3D – 4,800 yen
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 4,800 yen
PilotWings Resort – 4,800 yen
Mario Tennis Open Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games – 4,800 yen
The 3D Encyclopedia of Flora an Fauna – 3,800 yen

I'm buying 3D Land again when it hits the EU. :P
Lock if old, I didn't see another topic like this.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They're not seriously selling PilotWings Resort for the same price as Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3D or Super Mario Land 3D?
It's a good game, but it's a launch title that you can find for way cheaper in stores now.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
and i thought that cost of digital releases was going to be lower at least 25%of retail, shame to ninty for greedy attitude...
and at least they must release some japan games to europe-usa they released some great rpg over japan but they dont bother to translate it for europe-usa

Reactions: 1 person

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They're not seriously selling PilotWings Resort for the same price as Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3D or Super Mario Land 3D?
It's a good game, but it's a launch title that you can find for way cheaper in stores now.
It's ridiculous. I brought NSMB2 in the E-shop for £39.99, i felt it should at least be £34.99 if Nintendo really want to get competitive. Works out best for the consumer and Nintendo who are looking to push their e-shop. Most of those games above will be £39.99. :/

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France

If at least they could patch it to add some free content (or more likely paid, this is Nintendo), they have a patch.system, and they don't use it.... :(

At this price, this is daylight robbery.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got it from someone from gumtree for £3 :P

*it = pilotwings

And even than it still wasn't worth it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got it from someone from gumtree for £3 :P

*it = pilotwings

And even than it still wasn't worth it.
Actually I got a good 30 hours of fun out of Pilotwings going for perfect scores on all the courses.
It was a lot of fun, it's just not worthy of a full price title.

D

Deleted_171835

I'm glad that Nintendo is focusing on digital distribution but the prices are all wrong. I'm not going to pay full retail price for these games just to get it on the eShop.

Reactions: 2 people

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Prices would be ok at launch, otherwise a waste of bit space. As long as there is no resale value for the games (ie. no possibility of transferring to another person/console as a single title), this digital model isn't really that good for most people. Console games I could understand, handheld games have a bit bigger resale rate IIRC. If they'd just hit all the titles in the eShop at the same time, I'd imagine this could lead to bigger sales.

p.s. Is it possible to have the same account on multiple 3DS consoles? I doubt having the games on both consoles isn't possible if the previous thing is possible..

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prices would be ok at launch, otherwise a waste of bit space. As long as there is no resale value for the games (ie. no possibility of transferring to another person/console as a single title), this digital model isn't really that good for most people. Console games I could understand, handheld games have a bit bigger resale rate IIRC. If they'd just hit all the titles in the eShop at the same time, I'd imagine this could lead to bigger sales.

p.s. Is it possible to have the same account on multiple 3DS consoles? I doubt having the games on both consoles isn't possible if the previous thing is possible..
I think it's actually possible to transfer individual eShop purchases to other 3DS consoles, but don't quote me on that.

I agree the prices seem a bit high, but consider two things: first of all, Nintendo software rarely decrease in price. Secondly, prices in Japan are much higher. I expect the prices in eShop will be about as high as in stores. If you think that's too expensive, simply don't buy them. But the reason they are this high is most likely to keep retailers happy.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I agree the prices seem a bit high, but consider two things: first of all, Nintendo software rarely decrease in price. Secondly, prices in Japan are much higher. I expect the prices in eShop will be about as high as in stores. If you think that's too expensive, simply don't buy them. But the reason they are this high is most likely to keep retailers happy.
Well yeah, the pricing will hopefully become something lower with (at least) third party software. Biggest problem regarding new games is that buying them from Amazon/TheHut/whatever from the UK is automatically about 25% lower than at home. It'll just be the same from the eShop if the prices keep at those levels when the games arrive in the EU eShops.. A pity actually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2