OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't care if it gets stickied or not
People just need to have use for it, which they seemingly don't
The only thing this topic has is links to other topics .....

at the other side, its more useful than my other topic in the BL section (OSW, fix the title already
mad.gif
)

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
I don't care if it gets stickied or not
People just need to have use for it, which they seemingly don't
The only thing this topic has is links to other topics .....

at the other side, its more useful than my other topic in the BL section (OSW, fix the title already
mad.gif
)
Awesome. About time is got stickied

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To the person that voted for the last option
Care to explain why?
Or are you too much of a coward to do that?
wink.gif

Everyone can give suggestions, as I said

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Care to explain why?
wink.gif

simply haters man.
they want to be that 1 rebel person who thinks "i knew all of this already, the world is stupid but me"

same with the people who voted no to my guide.

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xzxero said:
tj_cool said:
Care to explain why?
wink.gif

simply haters man.
they want to be that 1 rebel person who thinks "i knew all of this already, the world is stupid but me"

same with the people who voted no to my guide.
I don't really care about it
But its stupid that they vote for that, but never tell us why
Ah well, ignoring them is probably the best
laugh.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Made some small changes to first post

Anyway, someone submitted an error, so we should help:

RET= -1039
While Updating to 4.1[/p]

If you know the solution, you can add it here
wink.gif

henniger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI. sorry if this is off topic or too noob of a question here, but I have a dilemma. I executed the twilight hack and fully modded my wii with ios249, gamma loader and the usbloader based on waninkoko. It all works perfectly so thanks to all the people who contributed advice and help. Here's my problem, I recently, acting on advice from someone who assured me that they knew what they were doing upgraded my ios through nintendo's wifi connection under the impression that this was the only way to get wii sports resort working. My wii still works (Sports resort doesn't) but when I load wad manager it crashes. Should I downgrade the ios like I did when I first hacked, or will this only dig me deeper in a hole.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
henniger said:
HI. sorry if this is off topic or too noob of a question here, but I have a dilemma. I executed the twilight hack and fully modded my wii with ios249, gamma loader and the usbloader based on waninkoko. It all works perfectly so thanks to all the people who contributed advice and help. Here's my problem, I recently, acting on advice from someone who assured me that they knew what they were doing upgraded my ios through nintendo's wifi connection under the impression that this was the only way to get wii sports resort working. My wii still works (Sports resort doesn't) but when I load wad manager it crashes. Should I downgrade the ios like I did when I first hacked, or will this only dig me deeper in a hole.
updating through nintendo patched your trucha bug.

follow the trucha bug restorer steps from get my guide to get it back.

i honestly thhink you should just go ahead and follow the old guide because your using fairly old methods to install homebrew.

what revision if your cIOS?
the latest is 14.

henniger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I just run bannerbomb on my already modded wii or should I re-execute the twilight hack because the trucha bug restorer didn't fix my wad manager problem? I am using cIOS 38 rev14, Firmware is 4.1U.

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lammagirl said:
http://www.reabo.co.uk/_tutorials/softmod-nintendo-wii.aspx has a guide to softmod even with the latest firmware. worked for me
That only gives you the HBC, no?
The guides I linked are better

QUOTE(henniger @ Sep 29 2009, 06:13 AM) Can I just run bannerbomb on my already modded wii or should I re-execute the twilight hack because the trucha bug restorer didn't fix my wad manager problem? I am using cIOS 38 rev14, Firmware is 4.1U.
Bannerbomb will do
But if you have HBC already, use that instead

roshankalro

Trophies
XP
Country
India
dear sir,
im a fellow wii gamer,
please dont delete this,

i will sincerely appreciate your help,i am having a ntsc-j,3.2,cios rev 14,
what cios do i have to upgrade downgrade?.i am unable to play guitar hero
world tour,5,rock band 2 ,i get *no dvd (n) *when i insert these backups,im
sure d prob with d dvds , pls help ,i also hav a hard mod...

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
roshankalro said:
dear sir,
im a fellow wii gamer,
please dont delete this,

i will sincerely appreciate your help,i am having a ntsc-j,3.2,cios rev 14,
what cios do i have to upgrade downgrade?.i am unable to play guitar hero
world tour,5,rock band 2 ,i get *no dvd (n) *when i insert these backups,im
sure d prob with d dvds , pls help ,i also hav a hard mod...
Try IOS222/223: http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223
(it says its for USB loaders, but works for other loaders too)

jfivej5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok let me explain what i have done to my wii so far before i get to my question. the night the 4.2 update was released by nintendo i was attempting to softmod my wii with this guide. http://randomualrstudent.wordpress.com/wii...tmodding-guide/ i made it all the way to part 4 on a step where it says to run the wii update to reach 4.1 when i ran the the update i noticed homebrew disappeared. checked what version i had and to my surprise my wii said 4.2. i said wtf nintendo. so i say hey i know the homebrew crowd will beat this soon enough. a couple days later i see on forums that there is this smash stack exploit to get the homebrew channel to show up again. i tried it and it worked. but i was not able to get anything else on that guide to work. am i screwed? is there a way for me to remove everything from my wii and start fresh? i would love to use your guide but i really dont know where to start. any help would be greatly appreciated

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jfivej5 said:
Ok let me explain what i have done to my wii so far before i get to my question. the night the 4.2 update was released by nintendo i was attempting to softmod my wii with this guide. http://randomualrstudent.wordpress.com/wii...tmodding-guide/ i made it all the way to part 4 on a step where it says to run the wii update to reach 4.1 when i ran the the update i noticed homebrew disappeared. checked what version i had and to my surprise my wii said 4.2. i said wtf nintendo. so i say hey i know the homebrew crowd will beat this soon enough. a couple days later i see on forums that there is this smash stack exploit to get the homebrew channel to show up again. i tried it and it worked. but i was not able to get anything else on that guide to work. am i screwed? is there a way for me to remove everything from my wii and start fresh? i would love to use your guide but i really dont know where to start. any help would be greatly appreciated
It is possible to mod your wii on 4.2 by using the Guide of xzxero

My guide is currently under construction, but it will be done soon
It will be very different from the current version

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jfivej5 said:
did you even read this thread's first post?

it links to my guide which mod firmware 4.2

jfivej5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:

yes i did i just wasn't sure if i should start it because i was mid hack when this all happened to me. i am not exactly sure what my wii has done to it or not since i don't what any of it means. i was just following the steps

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jfivej5 said:
xzxero said:

yes i did i just wasn't sure if i should start it because i was mid hack when this all happened to me. i am not exactly sure what my wii has done to it or not since i don't what any of it means. i was just following the steps
my guide overwrites everything youve done to your wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo