Review [OLD] Slot-1 Flashcards Comparison Chart

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great chart!. But I'm not sure if I would consider the DS compatibility of the Xtreme to be "perfect" if it doesn't work with pokemon D/P or potentially any game with a 4mbit saver size. That's a pretty big exception and is somewhat misleading imo.

dinopio

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
You forgot Instant Boot for DS-Xtreme. No splash screen if you enable that.
Also You left out GBA cart support (for using your old slot 2)

Good chart.

webez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, instant boot. NinjaDS also has instant boot and also loads a lot more multimedia files than the listed ones

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
OK I've updated the chart (refresh the iframe)

QUOTE said:
Great chart!. But I'm not sure if I would consider the DS compatibility of the Xtreme to be "perfect" if it doesn't work with pokemon D/P or potentially any game with a 4mbit saver size. That's a pretty big exception and is somewhat misleading imo.
I already mentionned that above and have corrected it. Once the new firmware (with pkm support) is up we can consider it as "perfect"
wink.gif
really 100%

QUOTE said:
Also You left out GBA cart support (for using your old slot 2)
This is covered... the "Passme feature" row.

Yeah, instant boot. NinjaDS also has instant boot and also loads a lot more multimedia files than the listed ones
I dont know which files are supported... I thought it was only MP3 and JPG. Do you have a list of supported extensions? Thanks

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looking at the chart I see the Ninja DS as a winner , no flashme needed , no patching software , cheaper price as DS-X and DS-Link , and updates will be fixing the problems, and SD cards are not that exspensive anymore , some websites sell 4GB for 40 euro so it's up to you to choose between the DS-X and Ninja DS , just keep in mind that for that harsh 120 bucks you can buy a Ninja DS with 4GB or a DS-X with 512 MB , which I think will have the same kind of compatabillity in the upcoming months.

The only downside : A Slot 1 card that sticks out.

And offcourse the fact that the M3 team is working on its own slot 1 card and as we know from the M3 team it will kick everybody's behind.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Looking at the chart I see the Ninja DS as a winner , no flashme needed , no patching software , cheaper price as DS-X and DS-Link , and updates will be fixing the problems, and SD cards are not that exspensive anymore , some websites sell 4GB for 40 euro so it's up to you to choose between the DS-X and Ninja DS , just keep in mind that for that harsh 120 bucks you can buy a Ninja DS with 4GB or a DS-X with 512 MB , which I think will have the same kind of compatabillity in the upcoming months.

The only downside : A Slot 1 card that sticks out.

And offcourse the fact that the M3 team is working on its own slot 1 card and as we know from the M3 team it will kick everybody's behind.

I absolutely agree with you. The only major drawback of the NinjaDS is the physical size of it.
But I was told that they are working on new products... should be interesting!

And also... a M3 slot-1 solution would be fantastic. This is what everyone is looking forward to!
Hope it's not too expensive
wink.gif
(shouldn't be, since it won't include flash memory)

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well yeah the M3 Slot-1 will be a sweet deal . but the price thing isn't M3 Team's strongest point . Looking at the price diverence between the M3 and supercard. But some things might get cheaper because of the smaller packaging needed.If everything goes as it should the M3 team will be ruling this chart. With thier own Micro SD Slot-1 card.

And from then the chance of a G6 Slot-1 being introduced will get bigger and bigger.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
If M3 team are releasing a slot-1 G6, might aswell buy the DS-Xtreme that is feature filled and would probably be the same price. Personally, I am waiting to see what SC has in the slot-1 scene:)

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well a G6 Slot-1 shoud come with more than 512 MB of memory , being the big plus.

The media is another case but if they manage to mix up the extend(A moonshell edit with new functions added by the M3 Team) functions in the menu it will again be kicking ass.

No suggestions of a Supercard slot-1 being worked on as far as I know, but it might be a good concurent against the M3.

I just hope they will still be working on a way to create a linkage option so the M3(or supercard) slot-1 CAN interact with older Slot-2 cards to create GBA linkage.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Well yeah the M3 Slot-1 will be a sweet deal . but the price thing isn't M3 Team's strongest point . Looking at the price diverence between the M3 and supercard. But some things might get cheaper because of the smaller packaging needed.If everything goes as it should the M3 team will be ruling this chart. With thier own Micro SD Slot-1 card.

And from then the chance of a G6 Slot-1 being introduced will get bigger and bigger.
The price difference between the M3 and the Supercard was mainly because the M3 used good quality internal memory for GBA games. M3 versions without GBA support are much cheaper.
The supercard uses a low quality memory chip so GBA games have slowdowns and bad suport.

In a slot-1 solution there is no such memory chip
smile.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The price difference between the M3 and the Supercard was mainly because the M3 used good quality internal memory for GBA games. M3 versions without GBA support are much cheaper.
The supercard uses a low quality memory chip so GBA games have slowdowns and bad suport.

smile.gif
That’s not true as the memory chip price in RAM between the higher clocked versions difference is less than a dollar. The memory chip they used is clocked a bit to slow which causes slowdown only in about 10-15% of the GBA's huge over 2000 game library. I don’t think that’s to bad and every game I have ever played has worked great.

And how can that excuse be used when the SuperCard Rumble and the M3 Pro series lines are out. The M3 Pro is still much more expensive than the SuperCard Rumble and they both have no GBA. The SuperCard also adds the Rumble Pack built-in while maintaining its perfect DS memory bandwidth which has perfect performance no matter what brand or speed of memory. The SuperCard team may not do GBA well but now that the SuperCard source has been released I expect their homebrew support to get even better then its already is!

And the SuperCard is indeed working on a Slot 1 device but they never release any product details until the product is ready for production. I like it better that way as I don't feel as I'm missing anything. A slot 1 M3 would be hot also but I bet the price would be high.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

smile.gif
That’s not true as the memory chip price in RAM between the higher clocked versions difference is less than a dollar. The memory chip they used is clocked a bit to slow which causes slowdown only in about 10-15% of the GBA's huge over 2000 game library. I don’t think that’s to bad and every game I have ever played has worked great.

And how can that excuse be used when the SuperCard Rumble and the M3 Pro series lines are out. The M3 Pro is still much more expensive than the SuperCard Rumble and they both have no GBA. The SuperCard also adds the Rumble Pack built-in while maintaining its perfect DS memory bandwidth which has perfect performance no matter what brand or speed of memory. The SuperCard team may not do GBA well but now that the SuperCard source has been released I expect their homebrew support to get even better then its already is!

And the SuperCard is indeed working on a Slot 1 device but they never release any product details until the product is ready for production. I like it better that way as I don't feel as I'm missing anything. A slot 1 M3 would be hot also but I bet the price would be high.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif
You could very well be right on this one , but where not here to discuss wheter the M3Pro is better than the Supercard Rumble , while there is one point missing in your post : M3Pro does support GBA roms of 32Mbit and lower.

But let's not discuss about that in this topic.

The M3Slot-1 Might get cheaper than the Supercard , and if they succeed in making a Linkage function(with the Slot 2 M3 Products) , they might be delivering the best Slot-1 product but we will have to wait and see.The M3 team does stand for quality and thats why I always recomend M3 cause in my experience I have always been able to use and enjoy thier products , without enything not working right.Also with the built in moonshell(extend) it was easy to view my latest pictures from my SD card in my camera without having to put moonshell on my camera SD card , which would be deleted when I boot my camera up.

I am also not sure how you found out about the supercard team working on a Slot-1 card , as you have said earlier they don't tell anything before its ready for production , and the difference between the 2 of them is the fact that the M3 Team HAS made the Passcard 3 and the superkey is just the same card with another sticker on it(its true search this forum !) , so these slot-1 Cards with a perfect fit is a whole new world for the Supercard Team.

And with the M3Card or however they wil call it , you know that you will get a card full of quality.

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
120$?
I preordered a DSX for less than 95 Euros.
That's not to weard , have you already payed?It might be someone who has bought a lot of them and now sells them.
The prices might go up before you pay , but the normal retail price is 120 , and as Diveneo states:

Einzelpreis ab 05 Stk. : 99.95 €/Stück
Einzelpreis ab 10 Stk. : 99.95 €/Stück
Einzelpreis ab 25 Stk. : 99.95 €/Stück
Einzelpreis ab 50 Stk. : 99.95 €/Stück

Also you will have to pay shipping and sorts , which other sellers might not include in thier normal pricing.

Also keep in mind , the chart say's Official price , the store you buuy it might have a special deal with the company creating the DSX

webez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would quit things that are still not in the carts like usb debugging on ds-x and ogg music on ninjaDS. It doesn't make sanse to put something that's not there

Also homebrew on ds-x is more or less the same as on ninjaDS (sneezi works and ds-x and not on ninjaDS and viceversa with hexen). More ds-x homebrew related test in http://www.eurasia.nu/.

As for download play it seems that it's 99% because at least yoshi touch & go has been reported to fail (could be a mistake from the user?). Mario & Luigi and Worms have been also reported not to work on ds-x but that still makes the device nearly perfect compatibility

Shouldn't the inclusion of an sd card reader with ds-link appear somewhere? It's a plus.

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have to agree with you , things like adding up an SD reader should be a Plus cause it will make the package more complete.

Debugging and OGG isn't there yet and if you look closely the one who made this Chart noticed that :
Extra features
LEDs
USB debugging (?)
Instant boot

QUOTE(Costello @ Oct 17 2006, 01:57 AM)JPG, BMP, GIF, PCX, MP3, WAV, MOD, S3, IT, and OGG soon

icecreambear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can sombody tell my ware is the chipest place to order a ds-x in france ( i have found it for 111 euros but i whant the chipest price possible.sorry for the bad grammer )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo