Review [OLD] Slot-1 Flashcards Comparison Chart

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I have updated a few things about the DS-Xtreme! (compatibility and rating)
these two things will be mainly mentionned in the 2nd opinion review.

I'm working on it right now!

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The price difference between the M3 and the Supercard was mainly because the M3 used good quality internal memory for GBA games. M3 versions without GBA support are much cheaper.
The supercard uses a low quality memory chip so GBA games have slowdowns and bad suport.

In a slot-1 solution there is no such memory chip
smile.gif
That’s not true as the memory chip price in RAM between the higher clocked versions difference is less than a dollar. The memory chip they used is clocked a bit to slow which causes slowdown only in about 10-15% of the GBA's huge over 2000 game library. I don’t think that’s to bad and every game I have ever played has worked great.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

I'm sorry, but I don't believe this. I think that the M3 does have a higher markup than the SuperCard, but a large part of it is also due to the better internal memory. The cost difference is less than a dollar you say? If that were true, then why doesn't the SuperCard increase their costs by less than a dollar and get the higher GBA support? Thats the main difference between the SC and the M3 and really the only reason people buy an M3 in the first place. If what you said was true, then romman must be absolutely retarded to not take the

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure that "less than a dollar" on 10,000 of units sold equals plenty of $$$

but then again; if better ram was more expensive, why not pass those costs through to the buyer?

i like doing math
biggrin.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
regarding the acekard - according to their FAQ, it does support clean dumps, but requires PC software to transfer files to AKFS, and it's a pretty safe bet that'll be windows only. don't know if you want to wait until it's out before you add more details, though.

strud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ps: i notice that ur from aus , if you have any flash carts, where did u get urs from?

(any other aussies feel free to respond to this wuestion too)Â
smile.gif
nah, i only just got my DS lite a few weeks ago. But my DS-X is shipping from foundmy as i type this, which is why i am so interested in this 2nd review.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ps: i notice that ur from aus , if you have any flash carts, where did u get urs from?

(any other aussies feel free to respond to this wuestion too) 
smile.gif

nah, i only just got my DS lite a few weeks ago. But my DS-X is shipping from foundmy as i type this, which is why i am so interested in this 2nd review.

k cool, personally the ds-x is out of my price bracket at the moment, but i'm sure to read the reviews anyway!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
There is no 2nd opinion review.
The new firmware is out and fixes problems. We believe it is no longer necessary to edit our review anymore
smile.gif

The review was already edited when the new firmware went out.

About this chart, I'll update it soon.
There's a new product coming soon: microninja.

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jup we have all heard of it , still I think the DS-X doesn't deserve a 9.5/10 as in the fact that it isn't that perfect. It only has 512MB for crying out loud , also thats one high grade you guys gave it , A card should have a AVI player built in to deserve a 9.5/10 if you ask me.that said while the NinjaDS does the same job with future updates perfecting it , and that bitch can fire up cards that go up to 4GB , it has the same functions built in as the DSX and has an actual WiFi server built in .

Something that should get higher than a 7/10 , I guess you guys where suppriced with the DS-X working that good , but I am sure that the Micro ninja should get higher then the DS-X , but that would give it a 10/10 , which would make it the perfect card , something that it wouldn't be , cuz the perfect card doesn't really excist.

What did I just ask for , change that 9.5/10 into a 8.5/10 it was to high.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol