Hacking Old acekard user debating about Supercard DSTWO

robgraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've been away from this community for a few years. I had a Nintendo DSi and picked up the Acekard 2i for it and ran it and used it all the time. Anyway, I ended up getting rid of the DSi but had the flashcard all this time. I just picked up another DSi since they've gotten significantly cheaper and i kinda missed having one.

I ran into a little bit of an issue as the new DSi was on version 1.4.4 and my acekard 2i was on the Alex StormRider one and obviously it didn't work...lol. I borrowed a friends DS lite and got it working...so everythings cool there.

But I'm interested in the SUPERCARD DSTWO, i wanted pick that up, I read the review on this site for it and it definitely has my interest piqued. I've been away for a while, so I'm assuming like on the Acekard 2i where I'm running AKAIO 1.9 now, i have to put the akmenu.nds and the _aio folder int he root of the micro SD card, there something simlar for the SUPERCAR DSTWO, also is that already updated to work with version 1.4.4 of DSi firmware? and like acekard has their own files and loader and theres also AKAIO, is there only one option for SUPERCARD DSTWO, or does it have multiple options as well. Just mulling stuff over before I buy. Thanks in adavance.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The DSTwo uses EoS, and yeah you download and unzip it into the root of the MicroSD.

AKAIO/EoS aren't responsible for DSi/3DS firmware compatibility, it's the actual firmware updates that are responsible. These usually come in the form of an .NDS file (like a ROM) that you run to update the firmware, and yeah it's pretty much the same thing with the DSTwo that you did with the AK2i.

EoS is the main option for the DSTwo. There's others such as HBmenu (HBmenu being universal), but outside of that one (HBmenu being used as a loader) nobody really bothers to run alternate systems, since EoS gives you access to a bunch of the DSTwo's special features.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
While I agree with Rydian about the main option of EOS & he mentioned HBMenu...(not actually tried that - so not sure what it's like)
He forgotten to mention a couple of other 'launchers' for Homebrew...iMenu and Bagplug

In Terminator2 thread for the DSTwo, he classes iMenu as 'more stylish' while bagplug is 'more functional'

While not actively still being 'developed' they do offer some extra features that the standard EOS 'plugin' menu doesn't, & AFAIK are relatively 'bug-free',
but unlike AKAIO, they use the DStwo own 'loader' to run stuff.

...But then again the DSTwo Loader is pretty much faultless when running homebrew etc (I've not had many that wouldn't run) and if there isn't anything that doesn't run (in particular ROM's) there's usually a 'patch' file that they release that fixes it

BWizZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have owned a Supercard DSOne V3 for quite some time now, and I'm considering upgrading to a DSTWO. I have a few concerns.

On my DSOne I'm running the multi boot with ysmenu as my default and the EOS menu as my backup. The YSmenu runs games noticeably less laggy with faster loading times/saves than the EOS menu, even after experimenting with speed settings. I run everything on DMA mode and at the moment which makes games like chinatown wars significantly less laggy although not perfect.

I have a 4 gig class 6 adata on the way and I'm wondering if DSTWO runs games like GTA chinatown wars and the castlevanias with minimal to no lag on the EOS menu? I have a DS Lite by the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to