pob14ie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi
Wondering if someone can help with this issue.

I bought 2x 2ds's for parts to try make 1 working one from both .

One has a broken screen and right shoulder button broken off the PCB but i still have it .
Upon opening i see there was an attempt to replace as the digitizer ribbon clamp is also broken but some foam taped on it
keeps enough pressure for a connection when closed .

The second one I was going to one for parts to get the first one working as cant seem to get it out of a stuck home screen.
I power up and screen is blank with power and wifi LEDs on , no sounds though.
After pressing power button a few times the sleep mode menu comes up and when i press home a empty white homescreen appears.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/T9sgVnQQ1dqoAy393

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second one I was going to one for parts to get the first one working as cant seem to get it out of a stuck home screen.
After pressing power button a few times the sleep mode menu comes up and when i press home a empty white homescreen appears.
thats fixable you need a ntrboot flashcard (10-20 usd) and the fix is to do a ctr transfer via decrypt9

Reactions: pob14ie

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

That sounds like there's either a problem with the wifi card connection on the motherboard, or the Home Menu extdata on the SDCard got corrupted too much...

I recommend first trying to delete the Home Menu extdata from the SDCard manually (/Nintendo 3DS/randomstuff/randomstuff/extdata/00000000/000000??) where the question mark is dependent on the region of your 3DS (82 for Japan, 8F for USA, 98 for Europe, A1 for China, A9 for Korea, and B1 for Taiwan), then reboot the 3DS and let it create the Home Menu management information again (assuming this was the problem in the first place)

If that didn't work then try reseating the wifi card on the motherboard.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
i have never had connection issues . . . do the really present them selves like that?

well... both are able to break the Home Menu to an extent

wifi card connection issues usually cause weird behavior and softlock, and a corrupted extdata can make the Home Menu not work at all (and the fact that you can get the poweroff screen means that it can be any of them)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)